The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yo general car problem thread, and spoiler.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Yo general car problem thread, and spoiler.

Herro, I know I haven't posted in a while, or generally done anything interesting other than play around with different gas stations. Fun.

Anyhow just a couple of questions, and opinions.

I'm still playing around with image shack but here goes, how can an oil filter get damaged or scratched?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This piece is a little ripped, sorry as I am tired right can't think of anything but it's the leather piece in the upper center part of the engine, again can't think of both names but there's only 1. How bad can it be atm?

This happened a bit back, Tensioner belt was rubbing against the timing belt cover, the pulley was bent a bit and started smoking alot, I had to act on instinct and just cut the belt right off to make it to class. My rough estimate is that I need a new pulley and belt right? or is it more complex?

This is the amount of coolant I have atm, I'm guessing it's roughly at 30% left, is this something I need changed in the next month/Refilled?

This just happened to me as well, jeez am I unlucky, storm damage. Branch fell and kicked my car's mirror ass. Probably better to just go to a JY right? or are those JDM power folding mirrors THAT good out of what I've been hearing?

Last but not least, I made this for myself at work, just a spoiler of the final product, it's a triple kabbob burger without anything yet. Mmmmm....

Thanks for any reply's, and btw, the HTC evo camera is awesome. Now if only the videos had sound when I play them on my PC, you guys would hear how my bad O2 sensor smacks me. And speaking of which, is it okay to trust Advance auto parts to buy one? I was planning to on monday back to Trenton and get one, but I've going to Trenton...it's like buying parts at the bad part of the Bronx...

Oil filter damage = foreign object from road most likely.

Ripped rubber = boot that covers the joints in the steering linkage. Wanna make sure that gets taken care of asap, don't want steering linkage to fail.

Belt not on = serious problem. Looks like just the pulley is bad but it needs to be looked at to make sure it didn't damages any other pulleys or anything else. Not sure which from the pic, but either your alternator or your water pump is no longer spinning, and driving without either is very bad, especially your water pump. $100 problem becomes $2000 problem when engine seizes up.

Coolant tank = see last sentence. Keep your cooling system in check.

Mirror = a dick cop could issue you a ticket as the driver side mirror is a safety item. So get a replacement soon.

Burger = Mmmmmm.
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 02-26-2011 at 11:18 PM Reason: left something out

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oil filter damage = foreign object from road most likely.

Ripped rubber = boot that covers the joints in the steering linkage. Wanna make sure that gets taken care of asap, don't want steering linkage to fail.

Belt not on = serious problem. Looks like just the pulley is bad but it needs to be looked at to make sure it didn't damages any other pulleys or anything else. Not sure which from the pic, but either your alternator or your water pump is no longer spinning, and driving without either is very bad, especially your water pump. $100 problem becomes $2000 problem when engine seizes up.

Coolant tank = see last sentence. Keep your cooling system in check.

Mirror = a dick cop could issue you a ticket as the driver side mirror is a safety item. So get a replacement soon.

Burger = Mmmmmm.

Steering linkage-This sucks, I know it's going...this really sucks.

Belt-Clicking headlights power is probably a good of Alternator not working, as well as water pump...nonetheless I drive without using anything, I rarely even use the heater >.>. This sucks too.

Mirror- Sucks, but I've been lucky as cops here don't really care as long as you don't speed, btw Duct-tape works. But they might care if I screw up big-time.

Burger- Well, life isn't so bad after all...atleast for the next 5 min's.

From the rough estimate of all this, as well as a tune-up due in the next half a year or more, I'm putting more money then this car is worth, but I love this car too much, thus I better start working my arse off for that money eh?

Also any incite into buying an O2 sensor from Advance auto parts...in Trenton?

Not familiar with Trenton, but I've never had a problem with anything I bought from Advanced Auto Parts.
    And if I wasn't clear, don't drive without that belt, if it is just the alt not spinning, your gonna drain the battery as it's not being charged. Once it's drained, you'll be stuck, and it may kill the battery.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Take that pulley off and check your timing belt for damage right away, if it damaged the cover then the belt is likely doomed as well. That rear belt and tensioner is only there for ac and I doubt you need that any time soon.

Oil filter looks like something in road came up and hit it. if it time to do an oil change then do it. if you just did an oil change just replace filter. if i can remember correct the belt goes to the ac so it wont be a big deal. but check your other pullies even your harmonic balancer. the boot need to be fixed. some instances you can just replace the boot and grease. as for the mirror insurrance should cover it but probably cheaper to do it yourself. mirror choose what you like/afford. when is the last time you had a coolant flush to check for any debri or bad coolant? if its been a while do a coolant flush and make sure to fill it all the way.