The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Style Grill and Headligts Wanted...

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

JDM Style Grill and Headligts Wanted...

Can anyone point me to where I ca purchase a USDM Spec JDM Style (black versus chrome) headlights for a 99 Galant?

Also, I need a JDM Style front Grill as well. Any help would be much appreciated? Thanks in advance.

Shashi

There tends to be a lot of "JDM" Style UDSM fit headlights on Ebay.

And good to see you still around!

Cool, I just checked ebay and you absolutely right...ton of headlights available?

However, not many grills...the few I did find are being shipped from Japan and lead time is ~ 3 weeks....any US providers of JDM style grills anyone knows about?

Lastly, yeah, I'm still around but unfortunately not activel participating as I wish. Just too busy with work and all. Mods on Galant have slowed down as well. Just trying to maintain...car was in a minor collision thats why I'm looking for the headlights and grill.

Good to see TGC is stil kicking it fo 10 + years strong...I still remember the yahoo club.....you guys rock!

Shashi

the black ones are just the 02-03 stock , so you can get the from the junkyard. the jdm grill ones not fit without the real jdm headlights.You can make a "jdm " styler by cutting the fins out

x2 you will have gaps with the jdm grill. The "jdm" grills on ebay usually don't have anywhere to mount it to the car so you're better off making one on your own.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Thank for the info guys. Had no clue the "black" headlights were 02-03 stocks....are the dimensions and mounting locations the exact same as a 99 - 01?

Regarding the grill, are you all suggesting I purchase a 99-01 stock grill and cut out the fins? If so, what tools will be required?

Thanks in advance

Shashi

Quote Originally Posted by shashivr4 View Post
    Thank for the info guys. Had no clue the "black" headlights were 02-03 stocks....are the dimensions and mounting locations the exact same as a 99 - 01?

Regarding the grill, are you all suggesting I purchase a 99-01 stock grill and cut out the fins? If so, what tools will be required?

Thanks in advance

Shashi
    PAIR of GLOVES
    GOGGLES
    MOUTH MASK
    Grille mesh (or chicken wire depending on your current budget)
    Wire cutter
    400 - 800 grit sandpaper(s)
    Dremel drill bit accessory
    Small wood screws ( 8 )
    Primer
    Base paint
    Clear coat

Thanks for the info on how to modify a stock grill. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to do the fabrication for me if I ship the a stock grill....everything but paint, I can have that done at the body shop. If so, how much would you charge?

Thanks.

The headlight mounting points are the same for all 4 years
    -Andrew

Shashi, PM me; your inbox is full
    -Andrew

DTP, can you send me an emal at [email protected]. Thanks.

Email sent
    -Andrew