The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mods?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33

mods?

i am building my galant and not sure if i want to do the engine(performance) or the interior. i have no idea what to do with the engine for preformance. so far i bought a 60mm tb and cold air intake. any suggestions? i have a 96 sohc in a 94 galant es.

am, turbo maybe?

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    id search

honestly, id make sure everything on the car is mechanically sound and if the car is auto the 5 speed swap is a must.

there are plenty of things in the 7G Tutorial section, look at some of those and decide the path to go
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    id search

honestly, id make sure everything on the car is mechanically sound and if the car is auto the 5 speed swap is a must.

there are plenty of things in the 7G Tutorial section, look at some of those and decide the path to go
    he's right, the 2 post of what to do to our 7G, are the best :D

it is an automatic. so how hard and costly is it to do a 5spd swap?

look it up man, its all there with step by step info.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

sorry about that i found the step by step post. 1300 is a little more than i am willing to spend right now. guess i have to really think about this and make sure this is what i want to do because once i start its hard to stop. i have a 3000GT that i still have to think about because i dont know if i am done with that car.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidrain620 View Post
    sorry about that i found the step by step post. 1300 is a little more than i am willing to spend right now. guess i have to really think about this and make sure this is what i want to do because once i start its hard to stop. i have a 3000GT that i still have to think about because i dont know if i am done with that car.
    you can do it cheaper depending on the price of the parts.a 5 speed conversion will change the car.

why does no one run the automatic transmission? is it that bad of a tranny? i found a tranny for 250 shipped. doesnt say miles on it though. maybe i can find one in a junk yard.

Automatics blow from stock power. I blew 4 with no mods
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

why does no one run the automatic transmission? is it that bad of a tranny? i found a tranny for 250 shipped. doesnt say miles on it though. maybe i can find one in a junk yard.
    that is a good deal.i would go with that one because if you got one at a junkyard you dont know how long it was sitting for.the automatic transmissions go bad eventually but it is up to you.

it can be much more cheap, i bought a complete 7g STD (runing), and use the tranny and the motor on my car, cost of the car $850 dlls.

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    Automatics blow from stock power. I blew 4 with no mods
    me too, but only 2 hahaha

def look into the 5spd swap replaced 2 before my swap
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

if u dont got a blow tranny, you arent a real tgc member xD

Just traded in my 7G 5 Spd for $600 in NJ. The body was rough but ran awesome. I would of sold it to someone interested in doing the swap. Hell if the wanted to put a grand into the body they would have themselves a great car.

i have decided to go with upgrading the brakes and suspension so the car will handle better and stop faster then do the engine and trans. i want the dohc instead of the sohc.

i have decided to go with upgrading the brakes and suspension so the car will handle better and stop faster then do the engine and trans. i want the dohc instead of the sohc.
    i have stock shocks and springs with a vr4 front strut bar, 2g gst rear sway bar and a rear lower tie bar and it handle well and is very responsive. lowering it causes issues like rubbing and camber and toe needing adjustment and added expenses if those arent taking into account

do the rear disc conversion with a 1g turbo non abs proportioning valve and the car will stop very fast, mine does with no issues with stock calipers, upgraded pads and upgraded oe style rotors

DOHC is a good thought and i added some info to the end of the DOHC swap tutorial for people wanting to do the swap but not thinking about going turbo.

also, i would do the 5 speed swap while the auto is still good so you can sell it and make some money back like i did. i got my whole swap for like 500 and sold my auto for 350. and the car is an all new animal. and trust me its not gonna be 1500 if you do it right and know where to look.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Yes being resourceful helps get the bargains. My swap was only the custom line for $40 the rest I just traded. Very much improved quicker response. G10, Do you know the bias percentages with the different models?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast