The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mods?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidrain620 View Post
    i have decided to go with upgrading the brakes and suspension so the car will handle better and stop faster then do the engine and trans. i want the dohc instead of the sohc.
    the 95-00 sebring/avenger struts work with our cars. the sebring is sporty while the avenger struts are a bit stiffer.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    i have stock shocks and springs with a vr4 front strut bar, 2g gst rear sway bar and a rear lower tie bar and it handle well and is very responsive. lowering it causes issues like rubbing and camber and toe needing adjustment and added expenses if those arent taking into account

do the rear disc conversion with a 1g turbo non abs proportioning valve and the car will stop very fast, mine does with no issues with stock calipers, upgraded pads and upgraded oe style rotors

DOHC is a good thought and i added some info to the end of the DOHC swap tutorial for people wanting to do the swap but not thinking about going turbo.

also, i would do the 5 speed swap while the auto is still good so you can sell it and make some money back like i did. i got my whole swap for like 500 and sold my auto for 350. and the car is an all new animal. and trust me its not gonna be 1500 if you do it right and know where to look.

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

i have a DOHC GS head for sale, comes with harness, 160mph speed, the head is complet with valve cover, excellent condition

that is the best way to go get the dohc GS head DA_Gal has for sale.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Da_Gal, clear your pms!!!
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Gal View Post
    i have a DOHC GS head for sale, comes with harness, 160mph speed, the head is complet with valve cover, excellent condition
    how much for just the speedo? pm me i can paypal you asap for it

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    how much for just the speedo? pm me i can paypal you asap for it
    i swear mitch i will kill you that is y i told him to clear his PMs, i will pick up the whole thing for another project.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Gal View Post
    pm me with the price for the head and harness and things please. i wanna get all the parts together before i start tearing into it.

well ur gonna need a new head gasket, timing belt, timing covers, head bolts or upgrade to head studs, a new water pipe and new radiator hoses and then you have to rewire a lot of your car as its a 94 and your crank sensor is in the distributor and not on the crank like the 94 GS is or the 96-98 7gs then rewire for the cam angle sensor and power tansistor and coil packs.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    i swear mitch i will kill you that is y i told him to clear his PMs, i will pick up the whole thing for another project.
    my speedo is broken and i need a cluster before my tune. Smd haha

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

the engine i already have is a 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidrain620 View Post
    the engine i already have is a 96.
    engine is a 96 but you need to use the 94/95 distributor and all that stuff or it wouldnt run. i wouldnt worry about the head swap until you learn about the car as it sits now
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by galant306m View Post
    my speedo is broken and i need a cluster before my tune. Smd haha
    lmao>>>
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12