The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking for trans shop in Las vegas

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

looking for trans shop in Las vegas

I am heading to Las Vegas on March 9th for a couple of days. Can anyone recommend a trans shop to rebuild a 7g automatic. Where I live in MT they want $2400-2600 to rebuild a 7g auto trans (if I pull it/install it myself) which is more than the car is worth. I know everyone will say do a 5 speed swap but I already have two 7gs with 5 speeds so thought I'd just rebuild this one's automatic if I can get a good price on it. Thanks,
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i had my original auto rebuilt. the first time it lasted 300 miles, had it rebuilt again, laster 900 miles, had it rebuilt again and it lasted 1500 miles. then i bought a used auto tranny for 600 and that thing lasted from august of 08 until i did the swap in august of last year and is still alive in another car and i put like 20k miles on it

in short dont pay to get it rebuilt. my first failed cuz of a fualty TC then the next 2 they dont know what happened and i had mine rebuilt by one of the top tranny guys around. buy a used one and be very happy. i was, the used one shifted better than my new one did and i beat the hell outta the used one
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Is it just a regular rebuild or something is broken? I don't know if Shepracing is dealing with autos at all, but they used to offer the Street/Strip rebuild for manuals for around $900. Shipping was around 150 iirc, and they send a box for you to ship your trans to them. Good guys, talk to them, if they don't do it they should be able to point you in the right direction. Otherwise IPT deals with autos but they aren't cheap. I don't trust local shops anymore, then again, this ain't no Vegas.

Trans I want to rebuild is in limp mode in forward gears and it has no reverse at all.

Back in 2002 I was living in Tucson and had the auto on my daily driver 94ES rebuilt. It had 200K miles and was completely dead; no forward or reverse. I had the hard and soft parts all rebuilt/replaced and replaced the torque converter. It cost me just under $1000. 9 years later and 63K miles that trans is still going strong. If I could work a trip to Tucson I'd go back to that same shop. Here in Montana there is not a lot of choices or competion for servicework which is why i was hoping for some recommendations in Las Vegas because I was going to be passng through. Hearing Galanturner10 experiences with his rebuilt trans tells me that maybe having work done that far away may not be such a smart idea.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

You can go to mechanics shop. His shop name is chris auto services. His name is chris. His address is 2695 S Decatur Blvd # 500, Las Vegas, NV 89102-5575
    His work is really good.he's been my mechanic since I owned my g in 2005. He rebuilt mine back in 08 when I had 105k miles on my g. I think I might have to have it rebuild again bc every now and then it will slip but not that bad. I blame it on the summers here in vegas was is harsh.
    The 0ne & 0nly King D