The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Teh EVO is no more?

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Teh EVO is no more?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/autoc...s-no-more.aspx

I got this from NASIOC...

PHP Code:
    I’ve just spent an engaging half-hour in the company of Gayu EusegiMitsubishi’s global product director.

Mostly we talked about the new Global Small Conceptwhich will be built in Thailand and sized somewhere between a Toyota Aygo and the Colt superminiIt’ll go on UK sale in 2012effectively replacing the Colt in the line-up.

But also he told me some newswhich seemed to surprise a few Mitsubishi Europe bods as much as it did me.

The Lancer Evolution XEusegi told mewill be the last Evo“There is still a demand [for the car],” he said“but we must stop.” Eyebrow up.

“Our influence now is EV technology,” Eusegi saidadding that the decision was a “policy change”.

It seems Mitsubishiwhich is going to introduce eight full electric or hybrid cars by 2015has decided its image is about lowering CO2not making lurid replicas of rally cars that don’t go top-level rallying any more.

Eusegi said that customers would find it “easier to understand” what Mitsubishi was about if it was no longer in this motorsport-inspired market.

He seemed to put the rumoured diesel hybrid Evo replacement to bedtooSo the X will be the last Evolution model“YesMaybe the world can change, and maybe someday we can do a motor race by electric vehicles,” said Eusegi“Maybe then we can enter the market again.

Until then
    prepare yourselves for the end of an era
    Can anybody confirm or deny this? If this is some type of rumor that spreads every year or some hoax, mods please close this thread before people start panicking.

If this is true, I believe the STi will be next.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Doesn't surprised me. Mitsubishi has had less and less of an influence in the world of rally over the years, and their sales haven't been high enough to support making cars that no one really wants anymore. When the going gets hard, sometimes you just have to change your way of doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    Doesn't surprised me. Mitsubishi has had less and less of an influence in the world of rally over the years, and their sales haven't been high enough to support making cars that no one really wants anymore. When the going gets hard, sometimes you just have to change your way of doing things.
    If this is really true, this is a sad day for me. One of my all time fav cars, to me I always thought it was different from all the other cars.

So I guess the next step is buy a XI, keep for 10 years, sell, profit?

blue8g
    lol @ profiting

They've already so enough. It'll never be worth much. It'll just be a ten year old, poorly built car.

Wow well guess that makes sense.....shiz....glad i got the last of a dying breed?
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Nooooooooooo!!!!!! Tell me this isnt tru, well i guess its time for us to convert to Subaru.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

My future Infiniti M/Diamante will live on 4EVR!

It's a shame, and it's sure not the company image most of us fell in love with. But I do see what they are trying to achieve. At least the EVO is going out on the top, unlike some others in the lineup. I am surprised that's the most they want to get out of their new engine however, but maybe that's why they went collab on it. They could have just built the ultimate 63 for the X. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    lol @ profiting

They've already so enough. It'll never be worth much. It'll just be a ten year old, poorly built car.
    Same can be said about muscle cars. Look at the MOPAR craze of recent years. The people who care about build quality will buy/collect Ferraris. Those who want to relive their youth buy muscle cars. I can definitely see the same thing happening with the import scene if things go south. As long there is gas of course.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    As long there is gas of course.
    That right there is prolly the biggest reason mitsu is dropping the EVO. I think they want to compete in the hybrid race. I think they eventually will become an electric/hybrid only company.

Experienced TGC Member
    -Chris

sure drop the eclipse 2 this way all they have left is ugly unappealing cars

blue8g
    The eclipse has always been ugly and unappealing

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    The eclipse has always been ugly and unappealing
    except for the 1g I agree with this statement

the eclipses since the 1g have been very girlish cars its like driving a nissan micra or something.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    2g was the sexiest, any 2gb makes my pants get a lil tigher and well as any 1g. other than that all ugly and lets see the r dropping most of their american line up which is very sad. america seems to like performance sedans now so i really wish they would make a new galant VR4 but its never gonna happen
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

RedGalant's :WUB: :WUB: ICEMAN99TURBO's Avatar
    After 2013 the Galant will be in the same boat.. :(

Mitsu's official statement.
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/93ftl0
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

RedGalant's :WUB: :WUB: ICEMAN99TURBO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Mitsu's official statement.
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/93ftl0
    So...maybe it isn't dead?

publicity stunt!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Evo Coupe hybrid? thats something that will get alot of younger people to go hybrid the honda crz is ok but its their first hybrid sports car , If mitsubishi wants to make sales and still reduce emissions i believe this is a good way to go