The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 SOHC Starting Project

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Primal_Force312

4G64 SOHC Starting Project

Hey guys, I'm looking for some input. I have mechanical experience, but I'm new to performance mods, so try to bear with me. Let me start off by apologizing for any noob questions I ask lol I'm looking to start off on the SOHC and when the motor starts to go I'll do a swap(125k now). I was told my best bet for simple mods is to change the header, exhaust, and install a CAI. I want to boost my torque more then anything, I know myself and with too much horsepower I'm gunna start getting myself into trouble lol What do you guys think? Thanks!

welcome to tgc!! before you start modding i would make sure all your maintainence work is done first.but a cai and an exhaust is a good start.

Primal_Force312
    Thanks! I need to replace a valve which I'm going to take care of this weekend, and I have an exhaust leak, but I'm replacing the exhaust anyway. Besides that, the car seems great. Thank you very much for your input!

Best mod that works.
    2003 Outlander intake mani with a v6 tb or diamante tb
    Headers
    And 5 speed.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Primal_Force312
    Thanks man. The V6 components fit the sohc4?

Only the tb. Because it has a bigger opening than the galant. Biggest one is the diamante. U could also get the outlander is the same as the 3.0l v6.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Primal_Force312
    Thanks dude. That's on your car now? How's it sound?

Yeah outlander mani with diamante tb. Headers. Cat back and cai. Sounds mean. Very agrassive sound.

SOHC Turbo

Primal_Force312
    Nicee sounds like what I'm looking for. Your setup sounds like what I want, thanks man you made this very easy for me