The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7gs and vr4 strut bar

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

7gs and vr4 strut bar

Hey, for you 7g guys with jdm vr4 strut bars, did you guys have to modify the mounting point of the strut bar to make it fit?

I was hoping it would just bolt onto my 2g but it seems like the strut towers are slightly shorter on the 2gs and I would need to cut the extra metal that mounts to the upper ball joint.

Nope, bolts right up. Zero mods. cept maybe trim the skeleton of the hood for the hump where the 8gvr4 traction control actuator is.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

actually mine was i bitch to put in. i had to bend and pull hard to fit the bar between the plates/brackets. but to trimming or cuttig except for hood clearance

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

nope the strut dont fit the battery is on the way i tried on the 2g the hood wont close

the battery tie down is easy to modify. I was going to cut off the bolt for the battery tie down and use a more traditional tie down.

yeah i know but it wont close

Proto
    qnz I tried to fit mine on the 2g (this was several years ago of course) and the hood won't close with the vr4 strut bar.

Reggie, did you cut the rear part off, that attaches to the upper ball joint?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    No cutting what so ever on the mounting tower brackets for the bar as everything bolts perfectly on the 7g. I am assuming the rear part you are talking about is the part where the upper control arm bolts to the strut tower apron? If so...didn't have to cut that either, bolts right up on the 7g.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Thanks for the info Kev.

Ive been saying upper ball joint, but I meant upper control arm.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    No problem Aaron...if you need pics, I can also provide them. But you get the jist of it.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Proto
    I didn't have to cut anything. The bar itself just won't fit.