The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: underglow neons installation for 9g?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

underglow neons installation for 9g?

ive searched the forum for a while and still cant find the right answer yet. I bought an underglow neon kit for the out side. I know i have to drill holes to to the body but im not sure where. For example after lifting the car I noticed there was not that much space for the whole neon tube to sit properly because of a notch in the middle of the sides. also under the front, the car has skid plates. I think I need to remove those so I can install the tube to the front bumper. please Correct me if im wrong. Does anybody have pictures of where they installed the neons on our cars? Im good with routing the wiring. I just dont want to drill holes where there could be possible wires, but I cant be 100% possitive.

I plan on getting these too... someone answer please
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

im guessing no one like neons. lol

Just because you can doesn't always mean you should...I'll just leave as that.

Yea lmfao. I'm gonna get my roommate to install mine ill let ya know how it goes if i do it before you. I'm getting the wheel well lights
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

Wheel well lights huh? I wonder who the last person that did that? According to that person, green or amber neon lights are legal in Texas even when driving. I had to look it up on TXDOT if he was just BS'ing but he was correct.

But like I said on the previous post: Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

Hmmmm... haven't seen this done a lot lately except by people who put fuzzy dice on their mirrors. The trend kind of died out. Personally, if you're gonna do it, get LED under body kits. They tend to last longer and the wiring is a bit more modest because they don't use as much power. Check with your local cops. When I checked years ago the only colors still allowed were white, purple, and orange. Green, red, blue were all illegal because they were the colors emergency vehicles used. But if you're parked, it won't matter.

In my opinion it's kind of like screaming "hey, please look over here, look at me and stare at my car." Like other people said, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

But if you're gonna... I'd go with the white color if you got a lighter colored car. Nobody really did white, plus if you get out of the car and drop something while in a dark area you can just turn them on and find whatever it is you dropped :P With a silver/white car, white underbody might be sweet. But still... the idea is a lil over done now after so many years. It should be one of the last things you do I think. Spend the money on getting lights inside instead.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    I remember when the 1st Fast and Furious came out...

lol hahaha i feel you. I all ready have the blue interior. thas why i was goin with that flow. In MA I asked the cops. They said blue was illigal to have on a car. But then he said we dont go looking for people who have things like that unless someones being stupid.

where can i find those windshield washer lights?
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Don't get the washer nozzles with the LEDs in them... That's rice

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

So i recently came accorss led lights flr the exterior. I think i did a modest job without screaming rice. It changes to different colors but i ususally keep it on white and blue. Just to match the interior which is all done with blue led. The neon tubes cracked after a month. The led stay on really good with 3mdouble sided tape.