The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WORKS lowering springs

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

WORKS lowering springs

Should i drop my car before or after my rims?

Also thinking of getting http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...roducts_id=267

Will I need to change anything else when i change my springs?

How does it ride?

NOTE: I am currently on OEM Struts and shocks
    Last edited by SirSaula; 03-07-2011 at 02:50 PM
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

Depends on how many miles you have on your car, a lot of people say you should put new struts in when you lower your car, because the lowering springs will cause your stock struts to go out quicker. I have WORKS springs w/bumpstops sitting on stock struts for over a year with no problems what so ever. Granted I have only put about 10-15k miles on with the springs, and have a total of 45k miles on the struts. WORKS springs are great though, I dont know of anyone who has complaints about them.

Rim first and then see how much clearance you have to the fenderwell. Maybe have to go for coilover for that slight camber adjustment and damper stiffness.

Since I know you're getting 20"'s, I would say get your wheels and see the kind of clearance you have before you do anything with the springs. I think with 20"'s you wouldn't really want to drop it, but that's just me.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

I think you would be fine with the wheels and I would go ahead and change the shocks and struts since they will be off anyway.

Back from the dead!!!

I plan on getting works springs? Are there after market struts? Have put about 53K miles on my 08 GTS. I live in kuwait.