The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Passenger side mirror

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Passenger side mirror

I broke my passenger side mirror on my 08 galant. It seems like it should be easy to replace but I was wondering if any one could give me a quick how to.
    Thank you

pop the rubber peice from insde the door. you will see three bolts. remove them. go out side and look undernieth the miror housing. there wil be another bolt remove this. it should just come off. The part that took the longest was the part in which to take the wire out from inside the mirror houseing, to get the whole mirror off. I popped out the actual mirror in order to see the wire. there is a clip holding the wire. push that in. remove the wire from the housing.

So I unplug the power wire from inside the mirror? I don't have to unplug it where it goes into the door? Doesn't it come with a new wire? How would I get the wire into the new mirror?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Patriotsx1984; 03-08-2011 at 05:24 PM

I unpluged mine by taking off the clip from underneath the mirror. I put a slit in the rubber gasket big enough so that i could extract the wire from the miror housing.

I just replaced both of mine on an 07 galant, its late do you still need help?