The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car pulls slightly to left while driving

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Car pulls slightly to left while driving

I just put in GR-2's in the front and back, Ultimax Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS all around. I bedded the Hawk's in. It still pulls to the left, but here's the thing, it's NOT when I'm braking, it's only when I'm driving. Could it be the suspension or a pad catching a rotor? It's not a big pull, just a slight one, but before the job is was centered and I could take my hands off the wheel and I wouldn't drive into a ditch. Like I said, its not much, but you can definitely feel it.

Thanks for any help. I'm going to get a tire rotation tomorrow, don't know if it would help, but I'm due anyways.

did you get an alignment after putting the gr2s in?

I did not, but I thought that they were supposed to be an OE replacement, so I didn't think an alignment would be needed. I'll get one next week if the pull hasn't corrected by then. It didn't lower it or anything, I still need one?

Quote Originally Posted by hedonism View Post
    I did not, but I thought that they were supposed to be an OE replacement, so I didn't think an alignment would be needed. I'll get one next week if the pull hasn't corrected by then. It didn't lower it or anything, I still need one?
    whenever you put in shocks/struts of any kind you should get an alignment.does it pull when you let go of the wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    whenever you put in shocks/struts of any kind you should get an alignment.does it pull when you let go of the wheel?
    Well yeah. At the centered position, the car goes slightly to the left, so I have to compensate and go to the right a bit. 80$ more for an alignment. As if the installation wasn't enough already. sigh.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    If you touch the main suspension components, you should get an alignment.
    If you can, try to get the lifetime alignment package. At Firestone it's only $150, and there's really no limit to how many times you go get it done. This is good if you plan on more modding in the future. If not.. well than that's your call.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    If you can, try to get the lifetime alignment package. At Firestone it's only $150, and there's really no limit to how many times you go get it done. This is good if you plan on more modding in the future. If not.. well than that's your call.
    Eh, I'll just pay the 80$. No need for more alignments, hate this pos handmedown so no need to spend any more hard earned cash!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    i donno, i went to Firestone to ask about it. the manager was being a dick when i was just asking a simple question. he said they dont offer that for modified suspensions. it would void the transaction and they will refuse to do it. but maybe he was just an asshole and other places dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    i donno, i went to Firestone to ask about it. the manager was being a dick when i was just asking a simple question. he said they dont offer that for modified suspensions. it would void the transaction and they will refuse to do it. but maybe he was just an asshole and other places dont care.
    I'm pretty sure at my place they don't care.. I've already had the first one there and my suspension is very obviously modified lol (at least for a car tech)

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    might be different for me since i have coilovers. springs might be okay since they are non-adjustable

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

yeah true that. I'll have to look over my contract later.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonism View Post
    Could it be the suspension or a pad catching a rotor?
    you would hear some noise if one of your calipers were locked. Also, the rotor would be a little "redder" than your other rotors if you had a locked caliper.

Try the tire rotation first, since its free to do. This may resolve your issue. My summer wheels pulled slightly to the left, but when I put on my winter wheels, it corrected itself.

You're going to need an alignment. Any time you put new struts/shocks/springs/etc on the car, an alignment will be needed. Repair shops love it too, because they know it needs to be done. It's one of the few things they tend to be honest about you needing after work being done.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

Allright thanks guys. I'll get an alignment tomorrow. Dammit, if I knew it was going to need an alignment anyways I would have gotten Koni Yellow's and lowering springs. Oh well, we can only learn from it right?

Mmm. The hole in my pocket is getting bigger.

aw man i got a easy fix for ya

just pull more to the right LOL j/k

alignment time!

I guess it was well worth it.

Front Left
    Actual: 0.02 Toe
    Before: 0.67 Toe

Front Right
    Actual: 0.02 Toe
    Before: 0.69 Toe

Total: 0.04 Actual, 1.36 Before

Rear Left
    Actual: 0.13 Toe
    Before: 0.28 Toe

Rear Right
    OK

Apparently my left caster sits higher than my right so idk how the how it veered left. Whatever, fixed now.