The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance upgrades for my Mitsubishi Galant 2009 ES

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Performance upgrades for my Mitsubishi Galant 2009 ES

I have a Mitsubishi Galant 2009 ES. So far I've put in a Weapon R cold air intake and a JET PERFORMANCE V-FORCE PLUS MODULE. Right now I'm not looking into any forced induction but it's not completely out of the question.

Does anyone know of a good lowering kit for my vehicle?

What do you guys think? Also does anybody have good advice about what I should do next in terms of stuff to do my vehicle?

Welcome to TGC

I have D2 Coilovers very satisfied, bought off a vendor on this forum. Look around see what you like.

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

thanx man. you said u bought your d2 coilovers from a vendor on this forum. which vendor did u buy it from?

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I'm not sure if D2 makes coilovers for the 9G.

Sent from my Blackberry Curve 3G using Tapatalk.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Pretty sure the intake is a short ram intake and not CAI. I don't think WR makes a CAI for our car, only short ram.

As for lowering... http://www.worksevo.com/

When it comes to things to do next on your car, the choice is yours and just depends on where you wanna go with the overall project. But if you're thinking performance, I'd start working on an exhaust and some headers.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    What range of eclipse parts carries over ?

first welcome to tgc
    second for performance you can go rre headers/pulley and your choice of exhaust
    for looks you can go rims and lowering springs tint all around and all set
    but its totally depends on yah

8th and 9th gen galants

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    What range of eclipse parts carries over ?
    eclipse yr from 2006-present,,2.4 galant same parts with 2.4 eclipse.. 3.6 ralliart go with 3.6 eclipse gt

8th and 9th gen galants

Quote Originally Posted by eal714 View Post
    Yes, that short ram intake will work. It's gotten some good reviews, but Weapon-R got alot of bad reviews in general for their dragon model. Personally if I were you I'd spend the extra money and get an Injen. It can be converted from a cold air to a short ram if that's you're thing depending on the weather.

i've got nothing bad to say about the weapon r intake. so more than likely im goin to stick with it. thanx though. what kind of 9G do u have? did u change out the suspension on ur vehicle?

I can't say anything bad about weapon-r either, I'm just reiterating the majority of comments regarding the dragon intake they make being crappy. Althought I've heard good things about the secret weapon. I was going to get the secret weapon but I decided to shell out a few extra bucks for the Injen so I can use it as both cold air and short ram.

Anything I do with the suspension will be later. I'll probably end up getting the works springs and bump stops and rear sway bar more than likely. Along with some Momo wheels.

I'll be getting a custom exhaust done this coming week.