The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: To my dover white pearl people (Well anybody)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

To my dover white pearl people (Well anybody)

Paint wise idk if you guys go to a shop or you do it yourself but i recently cracked my lip,made another and got it painted but im not satisfied with how it looks the dover white i bought seems to be off from the car way off actually just wondering how you guys paint it or what kind of paint you guys buy because from what i hear everybody sells water base now but you can still get your hands on led type paints..anyways hopefully you guys can help thanks alot

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8g831 View Post
    Paint wise idk if you guys go to a shop or you do it yourself but i recently cracked my lip,made another and got it painted but im not satisfied with how it looks the dover white i bought seems to be off from the car way off actually just wondering how you guys paint it or what kind of paint you guys buy because from what i hear everybody sells water base now but you can still get your hands on led type paints..anyways hopefully you guys can help thanks alot
    Ive always taken mine to the bodyshop bcz of the 3 stage paint. Its very hard to match from what Ive heard. I got my bumper painted in Dec '08 right before they switched over from lead to water based. The shop told me that the water based was gonna be alot harder to colormatch once they were mandated. And he was right, bcz I had more parts painted last year, & they dont match up anywhere as well as the bumper did...

Sent from "Straight Outta Cali" using Tapatalk
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    ^ end o story lol I'm gonna spend 350 to get my new bumper grille n lip color matched.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

@will yeah I was actually gonna text you the other day about it..Yeah I have a can at home and the lip is chipped i think imma take it to another shop because I wanna get the visor matched up too

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    ^LOL @ Corey!

Quote Originally Posted by 8g831 View Post
    @will yeah I was actually gonna text you the other day about it..Yeah I have a can at home and the lip is chipped i think imma take it to another shop because I wanna get the visor matched up too
    Yeah thats what I would do. Its cost me about $300+ to paint my bumper back in '08, last year it cost me about $1K to have my sideskirts fitted to the car & painted and JDM rear bumper & ext's painted.

Sent from "Straight Outta Cali" using Tapatalk
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    if you want to go CF it might be the same price or cheaper if you have Cali wrap it. hit him up for an estimation

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

@emerson i don t know how it would look all carbon fiber i kinda like the all white pearl look...well see