The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how do you replace rear passenger side power window glass on 2002 8g

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

how do you replace rear passenger side power window glass on 2002 8g

how do you replace rear passenger side power window glass on a 2002 8g need help asap

this is not an entirely difficult task, you only need a few tools and maybe a friend just to help out a bit.
    The first step is taking your door panel off. You need a #2 Phillips screwdriver to do this. Once you get the door panel off disconnect your power window switch but keep it close cause you will need it later on. Then take off the plastic weather shield, be careful not to rip it.
    Next you will need to lower the window to where you can access the lift plate bolts (this is where you need your window switch, you can't use the master switch because the circuit is broken without the door switch in place) You will be able to see these bolts through access holes on the inner door skin. A 10mm nut driver will work best for removing these but a ratchet will work as well.
    Next the rear window track needs to be unfastened. It is held in place with two bolts (I believe) through the inner door skin and a screw at the top.
    Once you have all this done the glass should come out fairly easily with a little wiggling and tilting.

Putting the new glass in is the opposit of removal. Just remember not to overtighten any of the bolts (especially the ones on the lift plates) If the adhesive on the plastic weather shield does not want to restick to the door it will regain its adherence with a little bit of heat from a hairdryer or a low temp heat gun.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or I'm sure a Chiltons/Haynes manual will be a little more detailed than my write-up.
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN