The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Push to start?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Push to start?

I was given this push to start from a friend who couldn't get it to work. Does anyone know how to wire it to the 7g?

Do you really want to make your car easier to steal? I have a similar setup for my off road car but would not recommend it for the street. Is it just the three wires?

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    Do you really want to make your car easier to steal? I have a similar setup for my off road car but would not recommend it for the street. Is it just the three wires?
    but u can conect it to the key swich to make it "more dificult" to get steal. or not?

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

i have it, at least part of it.

two wires go to the ignition switch plug.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

If I remember right the Black/red wire at switch is starter and the solid red is 12v constant. Cut the blk/red so ignition switch can't control starter anymore and hook new push button output to it. Then T to the red wire for power input to new switch. You may want to double check it is pretty easy with a test light.

i dont see it usefull, xd

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Mko where u buy ur push? And how u wire it up?? The blue is the ignition switch red is power and black is ground but I saw a way not use any of that stuff.... Just the push to start... When I tried what they said do it didn't work.... Idk :-(

i don't understand you don't want to go to the trouble of tying into two wires? There are other ways to do it but you will have to run wires a greater distance and will take a bit more effort. Did you try red to red and blue to black/red. If that doesn't work send a picture of the back side with wires straightened out.

I was asking Mko what he did I didn't even read what u did.... When I hooked it up to the wires u are talking about it did nothing only made it Easyer to start my car when turn the key to on it started my car........

Ouch! I was just trying to help. I find it useful to get info from those that actually have first hand experience with that particular task. If you choose to ignore info from someone who has done it successfully then more power to ya and good luck! Mko did a nice install and I am sure he can give some good info.