3 37.50%
  • v-power oem (NGK)

1 12.50%
  • Other

1 12.50%

Thread: Spark plugs

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Spark plugs

i have read that people on here stay away from platnium spark plugs. why is this other than price $10 a plug? i was going to get iridium ngk plugs but wanted to check with you guys 1st as they are $7 a plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidrain620 View Post
    i have read that people on here stay away from platnium spark plugs. why is this other than price $10 a plug? i was going to get iridium ngk plugs but wanted to check with you guys 1st as they are $7 a plug.
    our cars run the best on oem ngk spark plugs.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    ngk coppers are all i run
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    ngk coppers are all i run
    yeah if you treat the motor right it will treat you right,and run strong and last forever.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    ive ran E3 spark plugs and ngk iridium

«Carlos»

First of all, are they going to be for a stock car?

I don't know what others had against platinum, but I've run and installed in both my very own and in friends cars platinum and iridium NGK plugs with no issues whatsoever. As a matter of fact I have G-powers in mine right now. Advance sells them for $2.60 btw. Most stores won't stock them (at least around here) but they'll get it by next day. You can read up on the advantages of IR plugs in detail, so I won't bore you with that. In short, platinum plugs will need to be replaced sooner than IR, but that really shouldn't be a concern on an I4. So for a fairly stock I4, I'd def save my money and go with that.

Now oem style plugs, laser iridium and laser platinum will be superior of course, but they will cost an arm and leg. So if you need better plugs than the G-Power, just go with the Iridium IX line.

Other than that, just stick with NGK or Denso, but you got that one down.