The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Three projects, WIP How's it look so far?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

Three projects, WIP How's it look so far?

Alright, So these are my three projects I've been working on so far. I changed out the dome lights to green, Started painting the doors haven't put the drivers side on just yet.

It's rough and the couple of paint marks don't bother me since I plan on painting the gray parts black pretty much like a two tone green/black and I also plan on reupholstering the gray sides since the car has cigarette burns and I figure I should get the green part out of the way.

Also the third project was installing a new head unit as you can see in the final picture. In short everything will be black eventually this is just the beginning and I thought I would post some pics and get everyone's opinions or tips on what I should do and tell me what you think of course, I know its pretty bad it's my first time.

And last but not least thanks everybody on the forums for the help so far I wouldn't have been able to do any of this stuff without you guys.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    nice work, many may not like the color, but the work is clean

Thanks for the feedback, And yeah I understand, I absolutely love green so I decided it would be a fitting color for me personally it's defiantly not for everybody I guess. :P
    Last edited by ILLogical; 03-13-2011 at 04:47 PM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    do you have tint ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    do you have tint ?
    Plan on getting tint, Went with the cheap stuff at first and it failed miserably. Started peeling off. Just looking for a place to get it done atm.

Nice start I'm sure it will look a lot better once your done with it.

overspray?

How did you paint the bezels

Green lover huh? BTW, do you like the color purple? I do!

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Oh gawd you're killing me...

I like the green, although it doesn't seem to flow with the interior. Jeep it up though

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Prodigy View Post
    Nice start I'm sure it will look a lot better once your done with it.
    Yeahh hopefully it's certainly a project lot to do still.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    overspray?
    Mmmhm a little bit but as I said, I don't mind too much since it's going to be black and the upholstery is being replaced soon which is another project.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    How did you paint the bezels
    Do you mean how did I take them out? Or how did I paint them and what paint etc?

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Indeed good sir I love me some green, But I also indulge in purple quite frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Oh gawd you're killing me...

I like the green, although it doesn't seem to flow with the interior. Jeep it up though

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Thanks I appreciate the critique, I agree atm the moment it is kinda out of place but it will come together eventually.

Nice work. Keep it up and I am sure it will look outstanding when you have finished.

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by GalantDreamer3455 View Post
    Nice work. Keep it up and I am sure it will look outstanding when you have finished.
    Thanks Hopefully it will!

Nice...something I plan to do down the road since I just got my galant. Also looking to reupholster the door panels too...mine have cig burns from previous owner(s). For the radio and shifter bezel do they just pop off by pulling up on them? Just from some brief reading I read to get the door lock trims off you have to take the panel off first then unscrew. Which is opposite of my last car, where u take the trim pieces and window/lock switch off first to get the panels off

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Nice...something I plan to do down the road since I just got my galant. Also looking to reupholster the door panels too...mine have cig burns from previous owner(s). For the radio and shifter bezel do they just pop off by pulling up on them? Just from some brief reading I read to get the door lock trims off you have to take the panel off first then unscrew. Which is opposite of my last car, where u take the trim pieces and window/lock switch off first to get the panels off
    Radio and shifter bezels just pop up and out.
    -Andrew

Cool thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLogical View Post
    Plan on getting tint, Went with the cheap stuff at first and it failed miserably. Started peeling off. Just looking for a place to get it done atm.
    I did my own tint, it fades. I know someone who got a tint job done by a real shop and it looks great 6 years later, just look around and find the right place.

the incredible hulk ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    DTP already answered your question but you sound like your in the exact same situation as me, What color are you going with?

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    I did my own tint, it fades. I know someone who got a tint job done by a real shop and it looks great 6 years later, just look around and find the right place.
    Yeah I'm just looking for someplace reasonably priced I honestly think I may have just screwed up the first time.. But I figure I should probably get it done professionally

Quote Originally Posted by joegalant View Post
    the incredible hulk ftw!
    Hell yeah.

what type of paint u use for ur painting ur door cuz i been thinkin about painting mines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast