The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 Carburated Galant stutters between 2k and 3k RPM, Tach goes crazy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    oh it looks like a vacuum line is missing on the carburator.
    Several actually and not all of the electric connection are done. This is just a temporary carb for now but I had the same issue with the original.

Quote Originally Posted by posceola View Post
    Several actually and not all of the electric connection are done. This is just a temporary carb for now but I had the same issue with the original.
    the vacuum lines might be causing the stutering,how long ago did you change the carb?

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    the vacuum lines might be causing the stutering,how long ago did you change the carb?
    Around 6 months ago when I got the car but I had the same problem I'm having now when I had the original carb.

you have an electrical problem and not fuel one.

Check the plug and wires on the distributor. That valve on the distributor, thats the timing advancing valve and its operated by vacuum. Pull the vacuum line and plug it, go for a test drive, see if it changes.

See if the ground to the engine is good. The wire is usually on the firewall and it connects to the carb in your case. IDk how you can do this, but it has to be during the night and see if theres sparking around the engine.

try eliminating one thing at the time
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    you have an electrical problem and not fuel one.

Check the plug and wires on the distributor. That valve on the distributor, thats the timing advancing valve and its operated by vacuum. Pull the vacuum line and plug it, go for a test drive, see if it changes.

See if the ground to the engine is good. The wire is usually on the firewall and it connects to the carb in your case. IDk how you can do this, but it has to be during the night and see if theres sparking around the engine.

try eliminating one thing at the time
    Tried the vacuum and have the same issue. Ground from the carb is good. Ran a new ground line to a different part of the chassis. Still the same. I think the problem lies elsewhere. Have to wait til next weekend to have the whole electric system checked here.

Oh BTW I like the motor mounts

Build Thread

Cars fixed, I'll have it back in a few hours. The ICM was replaced and the problem has been resolved. The problem is that where I'm at its a little difficult to get replacement parts for this car so my mechanic adapted an igntion coil and module from a toyota, not sure what model exactly.

I'll have the car back in a few hours and will post some pics.

Good to hear. Now clean up that engine bay.

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member
    Would it be possible that this is a mighty max 4g64 swapped in a 7g? All of those extra wires lead me to believe it was swapped..... However, it is still weird looking.

It could be possible. Got the car used and there have been several owners. Who knows whats original and what isnt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12