The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CAI (help)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    missbitchy

CAI (help)

hey whats up i have been looking all over but havent been able to find what i want so i hope you guys can ... im looking for a CAI for a 99 I4 es , if you guys know of any web sites it would help so much

thanks

umm u sure u search everything,, here is the link for the CAI,, that u wanted,,, this site has the cheapest CAI

http://www.adventon.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&...ectGroup_ID=786

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

missbitchy
    yea im sure i searched and came up with intakes for v6 and a few for I4 but for the I4 they were advertizing for 2000 and up galants so i turned to u guys
    thanks

that one looks like a reg intake now i dont know $hit about this stuff but i thought the CAI bent down towards the bottom of the car ??????????

NP,, as long as they between 99-03 it would fit your car,,, have funn with your loud as galant now,,, dont get too carry away.....

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

missbitchy
    what do u mean loud & carried away with???????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(missbitchy)</div><div class='quotemain'>what do u mean loud & carried away with???????</div>

well CAI will make your engine sound loud,, like racings cars,, and when i say dont get carry way,, mean dont go crazy when you hear that racing sounds...

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

cai's are hella quiet. probably the only time u'll hear the intake scream is at full throttle. the short rams are louder. but yea, the v6 cai's will fit the i4 also, the only problem is that some of the mounts won't match up...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>cai's are hella quiet. probably the only time u'll hear the intake scream is at full throttle. the short rams are louder. but yea, the v6 cai's will fit the i4 also, the only problem is that some of the mounts won't match up...</div>

opps sometimes i forget that we talking about CAI,, not short RAm,, hey pinoy u know why short ram are louder and not CAI,, ????

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

missbitchy
    so i can just get one that is made for a v6? but which will be a closer fit for a I4 i really want an injen and it has to be a CAI .....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(missbitchy)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i can just get one that is made for a v6? but which will be a closer fit for a I4 i really want an injen and it has to be a CAI ..... Â*</div>

yea but this site http://www.adventon.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&...ectGroup_ID=786 had both just get one that fits your car,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

missbitchy
    i want one of these INJEN RACE DIVISION AIR INTAKE but on that web site it says for 2000 and up can i get this one INJEN RACE DIVISION AIR INTAKE for 00-02 MITSUBISHI GALANT 4 CYL 5 SPEED & AUTO TRANS. (POLISH) ID #: RD1840P

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>cai's are hella quiet. probably the only time u'll hear the intake scream is at full throttle. the short rams are louder. but yea, the v6 cai's will fit the i4 also, the only problem is that some of the mounts won't match up...</div>

opps sometimes i forget that we talking about CAI,, not short RAm,, hey pinoy u know why short ram are louder and not CAI,, ????</div>

short rams are louder because the filter is located closer to you. you can hear the air going into the fitler better. also the cai has a few more bends and those bends tend to muffle the sound

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(missbitchy)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i can just get one that is made for a v6? but which will be a closer fit for a I4 i really want an injen and it has to be a CAI ..... Â*</div>

u can get the one made for the v6 but if u can get the one made for the i4. the cai will still fit if u use the v6 but, you will lose the ouse of one of the mounts since they don't line up all the way. actually i know of a few members that have the v6 intake an in i4 and they haven't ran into any problems besides the mounts not lining up

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

missbitchy
    how about this INJEN RACE DIVISION AIR INTAKE for 00-02 MITSUBISHI GALANT 4 CYL 5 SPEED & AUTO TRANS. (POLISH) ID #: RD1840P
    does the year matter :?:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(missbitchy)</div><div class='quotemain'>how about this INJEN RACE DIVISION AIR INTAKE for 00-02 MITSUBISHI GALANT 4 CYL 5 SPEED & AUTO TRANS. (POLISH) ID #: RD1840P
    does the year matter Â*:?:</div>

yup that would fit pretty good,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

missbitchy
    THANK YOU (it will fit my 99) ok ok i wont ask anymore thanks again guys you have both been very helpfull

Your going to want the RD1870. You will find it in the Eclipse page.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

missbitchy
    outlaw why the rd1870 and not the rd1840 ?????

'99+ 8th generation galants are all the same (US spec)

the reason for the confusion is the 3rd generation eclipse which shares the engines w/ the galants (i4 and v6) started the current platform in '00, one year later. you'll notice the adventon add says manual & sportronic (automatic); the galant has neither of these... they are only available on the eclipse.

so you can buy an intake for the '99+ galant or the '00+ eclipse, either will fit.

The RD1840 is a short ram Race Division. It is not a CAI. You will have to buy the extension. The RD 1870 is the same one I use and other members have used. Injen does not make a specific CAI for the Galant.

Injen site
    Click Here
    RD1840

RD1870

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

missbitchy
    thank you soo much for clearing that up ... i guess im getting the rd1870

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast