The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Metering/ Proportioning Valve tuturial

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    I bet your thinking about the master cylinder, the 4 cylinder master cylinder is closer to the ratio of the evo master cylinder, than the v6 master cylinder

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    It will as I have taken a prop valve off a 1g, and 2g eclipse along with a 3g and they are all the same
    need your help please,read the tut post ovevr and over and im still confused.im doing the rear disc swap,i know a lil on the late side lol,but i read that the porportioning valve is a good idea to replace also.well i got mine off a 2001 eclipe gt (the rear break asy and valve) but mine off my car looks the same as the one i took off (the ports) unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.any info would be great thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    I tried removing my brake lines to the proportioning valve today. No luck. How did you guys manage to get leverage down there?
    Honestly I just soaked them in PB... it didn't take a lot of force to get the lines off. I used a regular line wrench. It takes alot of turns to get the fittings out but not a lot of leverage. Make sure you keep the pv bolted to the firewall.
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN

I bought a set of line wrenches instead of using open ended wrenches and it gave me better leverage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12