The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CAI!!!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

CAI!!!

ok i bought a Integra GSR CAI and i was wondering what do i need to do to make it fit on my galant (pics please)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    really, alls you have to do is mess with that short ram piece. id go ahead and take out ALL of the stock airbox including the piece next to the battery, then you can move the battery over(may have to take out the battery tray too) then install the cai piece. now just fit the short ram in there and see where it needs to be cut. you will also have to custom to brackets to hold the cai up, one that i connected to the mass then to the side of the engine bay and one down to hold the filter up.

7g for life!

ok that was easy look under an hour got it in and its a CAI not short-ram

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laxattack2001)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok that was easy look under an hour got it in and its a CAI not short-ram</div>

What did you use between the TB and the MAS? Did you use the crappy reducers they sent with the GSR intake?

I used WeaponR reducers from my old intake...

and did it connect to the battery tray like mine did?

Sorry for all the questions lax, but you are the only one I know of thus far that has done the install and I need feedback so I can build the tutorial on my website..

Wes
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

i still have yet to bolt it on but its not moving so i dont need to but i will soon and i use the things that came with it. but i have to say that it was a bitch to get that piece of sh** pipe and filter on but i got it and it sounds nice now but i will bolt it down soon. BTW 2true you got any other pics of that??

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laxattack2001)</div><div class='quotemain'>i still have yet to bolt it on but its not moving so i dont need to but i will soon and i use the things that came with it. but i have to say that it was a bitch to get that piece of sh** pipe and filter on but i got it and it sounds nice now but i will bolt it down soon. BTW 2true you got any other pics of that??</div>

Could you elaberate on the problem you had with the pipe and filter? I had no problems at all...
    And did you install the tube between the throttle body and the MAS?

Here's some pics of my install... Click Dis I need to take better one's if I am going to make a tutorial.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

for some reson mine did not fit as well as yours but i fixed it to make it fit a little better so im good for now and yes i did install the tube between the tb and the MAS

TGC Regular
    ok i have a question...i have this one waiting to be installed....

But i dont want to use the yellow reducers...i want blue ones....what size to i need from importstudio.com. i know that the peice that connects the MAS to the filter tube i have to get from homedepot...but what about the others...sizes???
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    you only need 3 reducers..the one from the throttle body to the intake tube should be straight 3" to 3" the one on the back of the mass could be 3.5" to 3" and depending on which mass adaptor you either need a 4" to 3"(for the 4" adaptor) or 3" to 3"(for 3" MAS adaptor)

and thats all you need...
    7g for life!