The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: v6 5spd swap

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

v6 5spd swap

quick question,what other 5spd can be swap to our platform like year,and model.

2G stratus and sebring as long as they came with the 3.0 V6 and NOT the 2.7
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    quick question,what other 5spd can be swap to our platform like year,and model.
    if you look up the 3.0L V6 M/T Eclipse, years 2000-2005 on car-part.com, those other models should automatically come up as being equivalents when you search for a specific part (ie the transmission). Whichever junk yard you call, be specific and make sure you're getting parts from a manual transmission. One yard tried to sell me a half-shaft that they insisted it was from a manual car, then told me almost at checkout that it was from an Automatic because they're the same. Boy did I get mad lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Make sure that if you get an eclipse trans, get an eclipse clutch and flywheel.. I remember someone having a problem like that because their parts came for two different cars..

transmission has nothing to with the difference. Here is the breakdown.

eclipse flywheel - eclipse clutch
    stratus/sebring flywheel - stratus/sebring clutch

tada!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

carbonrex700
    hi to everyone I'm new here and have a question the V6 trans. is diferent then 4 cyl. i have a stock g on 4 cyl. and want to convert to manual and have a buddy with a totaled eclipse 01 but is 6v thanks for your help and awsome page :-) learn a lot about 8gs

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrex700 View Post
    hi to everyone I'm new here and have a question the V6 trans. is diferent then 4 cyl. i have a stock g on 4 cyl. and want to convert to manual and have a buddy with a totaled eclipse 01 but is 6v thanks for your help and awsome page :-) learn a lot about 8gs
    Swap the V6 + M/T.

Otherwise, no.
    -Andrew

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    ^ what he means by that is you would have to swap the entire engine, harness, transmission, and ECU for that to work. The V6 transmission will not bolt to the I4 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    ^ what he means by that is you would have to swap the entire engine, harness, transmission, and ECU for that to work. The V6 transmission will not bolt to the I4 engine.
    ...Werd.
    -Andrew

mine is an 02 and i hear there is an issue with cel on the 02! most of the swaps i seen done have been from 99-01
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

cel is because the ecm is looking for the trans which isn't there anymore and i believe you loose the spedo also because 02-03 uses the cruse control speed sensors where as the 99-01 has a seprate speed sensor for the spedo, correct me if i'm wrong anyone...