The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fastest all motor L4 8th

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 83

wat engine is that

what engie does he have that your all talking about? and another quaestion...i have nos and twin apexi n-1 exhausts however the G ride really does not feel like its pushing when i floor it.... is this just me or is it really not as quick as i thought but can fly if you do some work to?

Re: wat engine is that

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redattack)</div><div class='quotemain'>what engie does he have that your all talking about? and another quaestion...i have nos and twin apexi n-1 exhausts however the G ride really does not feel like its pushing when i floor it.... is this just me or is it really not as quick as i thought but can fly if you do some work to?</div>

if shane and I are talking the same person/project its the evo 8 motor into the 8g. Now your power depending on if your an I4 or v6 the loose of backpressure my be hurting you more then anything. The duals got to be something tight to have...the looks outway any negatives at that point

how about....

after the engine work is done on my car will the exhausts be usefull and not go to waste or the duals on the G-Ride was an engine power loss mistake in the first place?

Re: how about....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redattack)</div><div class='quotemain'>after the engine work is done on my car will the exhausts be usefull and not go to waste or the duals on the G-Ride was an engine power loss mistake in the first place?</div>

Depends on how much your doing, but to simplify that answer duals will be more helpful. Do you have true duals or just a "Y" pipe

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I think he just has a "Y", which is very typical.. I think he is loosing a ton of backpressure, hence his feeling of not haveing enough get up and go.. I would personally go back to a single exhaust running pipping no bigger than 2.75", unless your like me who is running 3" pipping.. and how much nitrous are you pushing.. I pushed a ton right off of three bottles and the power was always there..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

what do you mean by true duals or y??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redattack)</div><div class='quotemain'>what do you mean by true duals or y??</div>

True duals: have two exhaust pipes running fromthe motor back to the muffler etc.

The Y pipe uses the same single exhaust pipe to maybe the rear axle area then splits to have two mufflers..cheap..and fake but its appealing to the eye

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redattack)</div><div class='quotemain'>what do you mean by true duals or y??</div>

True duals: have two exhaust pipes running fromthe motor back to the muffler etc.

The Y pipe uses the same single exhaust pipe to maybe the rear axle area then splits to have two mufflers..cheap..and fake but its appealing to the eye</div>

its appealing to the eye, but the power loss really isnt..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

so when i put in all the worx~ the 300 hp pushign the car would still be worse with the duals then it would have been with a regular exhaust?

True duals will only apply to a V6, where you run two sets of piping, one from each bank, then they meet in an X pipe.

Clay is not using an EVO 8 motor, it's an EVO 5 or 6.

-Mohammad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>True duals will only apply to a V6, where you run two sets of piping, one from each bank, then they meet in an X pipe.

Clay is not using an EVO 8 motor, it's an EVO 5 or 6.

-Mohammad</div>

Its an EVO 5, and does anyone know if he even got that thing running yet..

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    sorry, its evo 4 and last i heard he was still doing the wiring...
    7g for life!

Ranger_kill
    I got you all beat i am putting a v-twin i 4 in mine (ok maybe in my dreams) but it sounds good!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>sorry, its evo 4 and last i heard he was still doing the wiring...</div>

Damn he's still doing the wirring, i thought he would have finished that by now..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>sorry, its evo 4 and last i heard he was still doing the wiring...</div>

Damn he's still doing the wirring, i thought he would have finished that by now..</div>

4 months of wiring thats pitiful I hope he or the persons doing the work for him took a break. From what I remember he had that motor in even before I got mine to my house, I get to start the great world of wiring soon...whoooppieee!

Why do you have such a problem with Clay? I'm glad that he's trying the EVO conversion, as I am also glad that you are trying the VR-4 conversion. Why such animosity towards him?

-Mohammad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why do you have such a problem with Clay? I'm glad that he's trying the EVO conversion, as I am also glad that you are trying the VR-4 conversion. Why such animosity towards him?

-Mohammad</div>

Me animosity? haha nah I dont have a problem with anyone..well let me rephrase that, no problem with clay...Im just not a happy go lucky person..if someone just "talks" about a modification and dont currently have it or have hands on experience they could have saved a post. At this present time I see it like this.."put up or shed up" if your going to back a mod show me the improvement "bang for your buck" if you will.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why do you have such a problem with Clay? I'm glad that he's trying the EVO conversion, as I am also glad that you are trying the VR-4 conversion. Why such animosity towards him?

-Mohammad</div>

Me animosity? haha nah I dont have a problem with anyone..well let me rephrase that, no problem with clay...Im just not a happy go lucky person..if someone just "talks" about a modification and dont currently have it or have hands on experience they could have saved a post. At this present time I see it like this.."put up or shed up" if your going to back a mod show me the improvement "bang for your buck" if you will.</div>
    Mo, it's truly not animosity. I don't mean to speak for Mante, but he and I have talked at length about this and share the same thoughts. Both of us have done a lot of mods to our cars and learned a lot from first hand experience. We've also installed mods that don't do squat or just don't work, despite the hype from either the manufacturer or another member.

So if we say "Hey this really adds low end torque.", we're not just repeating what we've read or posting to raise our post count. We're genuinely trying to be helpful and share our experience. By the same token, when someone says to us "Install this, it adds 15HP.", or "I'm swapping to a 3000GT throttle body.", the first thing we're going to say is "Show me the dyno sheet or show me your time slip from the track or show me a photo of the finished install." That's also based on our experience. It's not animosity. It's just a matter of not buying the hype and only taking stock (or spending money) on things that are proven or that we prove ourselves.

I admire Clay for trying that Evo swap. The fact he's been trying to wire it for four months probably means he didn't do enough homework at the front end. That's costing him at the back end and I bet you he's spanking himself for it. So please don't mistake mine and Mante's disbelief with animosity. Just call us the "Show Me" modders.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Cool, I understand where you both are coming from. As far as CLay goes, he should be able to pull it off, as far as I know he's just confused with the wiring, but everyting has been put together including the tranny. I know where you ar coming from with "show me" mods, especially with the headers. At least you were able to save a lot of people, including me, a ton of money.

-Mohammad

UncleMeat
    the wiring has been done for several months... it was easy once the wiring diagrams were located

for all of you saying "it should have been done long ago" go try to find an evo4 wiring harness diagram. not an evo5, or 6, or 8 , go try to find an evo4 wiring diagram...parts had to be ordered from overseas, which means it comes over on a boat, through the panama canal...its a long shipping process, very long...this project was not rushed, the driver had other cars he was working on also including a 93 tsi talon awd, and a 91 galant vr4

the project took time, parts had to be custom fabricated, two ecu's had to be mated to run at once, its a complicated process

and for the comment about people just talking...how could you say this project is just talking, its completed ... its BEEN completed it was the first, and is currently the only swapped 8g....you cant "put up" much more than that

sorry if i brought a dead post back to life, just correcting the slander

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast