The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: blown up engine?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 72 of 72

It's all the same.

that was just the valve cover if you look down in corners and edges you'll see some 12point 12mm bolts there should be 10 of them. but taking off the head is a pretty big project would be quicker to just pull the oil pan on the bottom first. but id check what mko said first he knows his stuff.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Dude that sounds like there is no compression in the engine at all...Pull the oil pan off see whats going on inside. If you can not do this just take it to a machanic but from what I have just heard, it sounds like you have no compression.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Dude that sounds like there is no compression in the engine at all...Pull the oil pan off see whats going on inside. If you can not do this just take it to a machanic but from what I have just heard, it sounds like you have no compression.
    No compression= dead engine right?

Quote Originally Posted by NewGalantKid View Post
    No compression= dead engine right?
    yes
    do u have spark

yes, but you cant assume that w/o actual proof. If you're looking to junk the car then go ahead. Or you can actually look for whats causing your problem.

A couple of bad quality videos dont do any justice.

IF you're looking for a free solution then you find one. There are just that many things that you can fix for free or close to nothing.

Popping the valve cover just does nothing. You cant see anything from there. I made some suggestions, IDK if you read them.

Get the timing belt cover off, get a compression tester and drain the oil. You might get some answers.

Good luck.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    yes, but you cant assume that w/o actual proof. If you're looking to junk the car then go ahead. Or you can actually look for whats causing your problem.

A couple of bad quality videos dont do any justice.

IF you're looking for a free solution then you find one. There are just that many things that you can fix for free or close to nothing.

Popping the valve cover just does nothing. You cant see anything from there. I made some suggestions, IDK if you read them.

Get the timing belt cover off, get a compression tester and drain the oil. You might get some answers.

Good luck.
    I did read them and thank you...I'm just asking cause my dad isn't really letting Me touch anything right.now and is taking it to the mechanic in a few days and I just want to know what to expect.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGalantKid View Post
    I did read them and thank you...I'm just asking cause my dad isn't really letting Me touch anything right.now and is taking it to the mechanic in a few days and I just want to know what to expect.
    Get ready to expect bad new and have a couple of tissues close to you when ou hear it ok.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

So I guess its time for an update.... my dad has neglected to tell me what was wrong with my car. My mechanic said it was a cylinder head then a belt Idk... all I know is that I'm getting a new engine for it for a grand and my g lives! :) thanks guys for all of your help and ill let you know if I find out what was wrong....also I had no compression xD

Btw are there any speaker install tutorials here?

Since I'm getting an engine swap..... how hard would it be to put the v6 engine instead of the I-4

Unless you know how and what to weld on to the frame I wouldn't bother. Also I think the V6 has a different transmission as well.
    Last edited by gnaunited; 04-02-2011 at 09:14 AM

Well I wouldn't my mechanic would....but I just assumed it would be the same frame and etc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234