The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Strange sound after CAI install

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Strange sound after CAI install

Ok so... this sound was going on when I had the short ram, and still now that I've installed the lower part of the CAI.

When just cruising you don't really hear it, when you press the gas to speed up (not at WOT) you hear this sorta whistle/whine. If I do press the pedal to WOT you'll hear a quick whistle/whine and then you feel the car suddenly take off and then just a growl. Is this because I have the pipe hooked up to the resonator rather than plugged? All the connections are solid and air tight from what I can tell. It almost kinda sounds like a lil whine you hear when crappy cars go by, like it's a timing or serpentine belt or something.

Is it just normal? Is that just what it's suppose to sound like until you hear the mivec open up or...

I'll probably take a sound clip of it tomorrow and share and you guys can tell me if it's normal or not.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

It's normal. Mine does it too. I'd still double check everything to be sure, but it's okay.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    It's normal. Mine does it too. I'd still double check everything to be sure, but it's okay.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Well... it sounds like shit... lol

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

Haha, double check everything... Never can be sure
    -Andrew