The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: inspection

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

inspection

i have to go get my car inspected in about two weeks. i was just wondering if people take off there hid kits in order to pass. also same for the blue led dome and map lights. is it better for me to put the stock head light bulbs back and the other lights back to oem?

no
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Experienced TGC Member
    I never failed anyone for those items and I bet most other inspectors wouldn't either.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Are u talking about emissions or a fix it ticket? leds and hids are not related to emissions so i wouldnt bother. If you got sited for hid's and rolling in with led interior, full tint and neons, they might say something and site you another ticket at the station
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

oh ok thanks for the info. this is my first car with hid's so i was not sure if they could fail me for that. For example i had tinted tail lights last year and i got in trouble ended up having to take them off because they said it would not pass inspection. I thought it would e the same for the hid's and the interior lights. I know they have nothing to do with emmission. what im asking is would it be a safty concern?

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    He is in Boston MA so the rules might be different there
    03 I4

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Since we are talking about inspections, does any body know anybody in NJ that will pass me for inspection or where to go. I have a fully built car and my inspection was wayyyyyyyyy over due since Feb. I have no idea who will pass me since its loud as hell.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

ive never failed anyone for hids unless they had a off color like pink or purple i jus let it go but other places might not also nobody checks dome lights mainly horn wiperfluid wipers low beam high beam turn signals hazard lights brake light reverse light parking lights all that but the dome light no

also whoever failed u for tinted tails was just a dick it is against the rules to have it but its like one of those things tha nobody real cares about samething as hids the real rule is anything that didnt come factory on the car that has to do with lighting is bad but nobody enforces it

With HID's usually if you're running 8000k or less and your lights are aimed right to where they arent causing a glare in areas that could effect on coming traffic you should be ok. Anything more than 8000k and you really start to lose light. I don't think they'll give a damn about the interior lights because it doesn't effect peoples driving (unless the guy wants to be a dick)

I dunno how it is in Mass but usually in most normal states they don't care if you tint as long as they can see you light up from 500 in front.

Lucky for me I have one of those LED bars that's attached to the trunk lip that will light up so, either way, dark tinted tails or not they will still see that.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

Isn't it new model cars nowadays are all running HIDs? I doubt you'll fail for having one. Tinted tail I don't think it matters to be honest.

-RON

Quote Originally Posted by P'NOYcaL View Post
    Isn't it new model cars nowadays are all running HIDs? I doubt you'll fail for having one. Tinted tail I don't think it matters to be honest.
    Yeah but stock HID is usually no higher than 6000k and no lower than 4500k, and almost always in projectors designed for HID. Where as many halogen designed housings can give off glare depending on design because the bulb is a different shape and fits differently inside.

Mine was giving off some wicked glare until I put eyelids on and re-aimed them.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    just put the old stuff back in and have a peace of mind going through the inspection. it really doesnt take that long to switch them around. plus it depends how strict the inspector is and how bad of a day his having. the interior lights should be ok. as for the tail light, if you are blocking the reflectors then yes, it should fail if its a law in your state for it to be visible.

all right guys thanks i have 10k 55wats so jus to be on the safe side ima take them off for the inspection. ill let you guys know how it went. thanks for all the info.