The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC leak, '04 ES

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

AC leak, '04 ES

Hey folks!
    My '04 Galant ES has developed an AC system leak, which has gotten progressively worse in the last year. I had a friend prod around the engine compartment with his freon sniffer tool, and it seems that a few AC line couplings close to the compressor are leaking.
    Is this a common issue on the '04? Or is it a sign of a more serious problem?

Thanks!

Vlad

The Same Thing Happend To My 99 Galant It Leaks Anti Frezze In The Cab All I Did Was Just Bypass The A/C

Heater core?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Common issue would be the upper left corner of the condensor where the receiver sits. And the valve on.the lines.
    Crack condensor from physical objects

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Heater core?

lol smh...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    Common issue would be the upper left corner of the condensor where the receiver sits. And the valve on.the lines.
    Hmm, I'll have to check that out. Does this mean that the condenser has to be replaced, or is there a fix of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I took off the left grill piece, and lo and behold.. The entire upper left corner of the condenser is covered in dye. At least now I know what to save money on! I have a 10 month old son, and this is the only vehicle we have that will accept a child seat, so I have to get this fixed before the 100F temps hit... But knowing is half the battle. Thanks again!

Is this deal too good to be true? Has anyone ordered anything from this site (go-part.com)?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stereomind View Post
    Is this deal too good to be true? Has anyone ordered anything from this site (go-part.com)?

thanks!
    Just get a TYC. PBI sucks bawls. But that seems to be about right.

I used to work at 1800Radiator and A/C. I saw a lot of the PBIs come back

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Just get a TYC. PBI sucks bawls. But that seems to be about right.

I used to work at 1800Radiator and A/C. I saw a lot of the PBIs come back

Duly noted.. What threw me off is the price of the condenser, comparing to just about everywhere else ($150-275 range).

Sometimes you can get them cheap... you just gotta look. There's a pretty good profit margin on them... Sometimes up to 50%
    -Andrew

Hmm, I'll have to check that out. Does this mean that the condenser has to be replaced, or is there a fix of some sort?
    In Russia a few cars with this problem. The upper left corner of collapse from the vibration. A temporary measure, to impose the patch and clamp set. You can apply the welding of metal or replacement.
    Last edited by stayer; 04-03-2011 at 06:42 AM

Rubix
    Hey folks!
    My '04 Galant ES has developed an AC system leak, which has gotten progressively worse in the last year. I had a friend prod around the engine compartment with his freon sniffer tool, and it seems that a few AC line couplings close to the compressor are leaking.
    Is this a common issue on the '04? Or is it a sign of a more serious problem?

Thanks!

Vlad
    My 04 Galant Es AC has stopped working also. I think mine has to do with the compressor.
    Any input is welcome!
    Last edited by Rubix; 04-07-2011 at 01:17 PM