The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front Sway Bar Bushing and End Links

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    4G64

Front Sway Bar Bushing and End Links

Need info on the Front sway bar end links on 7G.. I know the 95-99 Eclipse FWD GS-T sway bar bushing will fit our car. but what about end links? Would the 90-94 FWD Eclipse end links fit our car? Because 95-99 bushing does not come with end links... Both front sway bar bushings are 19mm... but one come with end links, and the other does not....

has anyone replace their sway bar bushings with E.S. ones? How does it feel?

Experienced TGC Member
    I would say that there is a very very good chance the end links from the 2g will fit. My drivers side link is bent almost into an L but im to lazy to take it off and straighten it out.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

4G64
    got the bushings yesterday... didn't order the end links for 1G yet.. just the 2g sway bar bushing.. went under the car and they look pretty much identical in size.. going to install them this afternoon... I'll bring back some reactions after I installed it...

4G64
    finally install the bushings today.. installation process was pain in the butt..... cuz there's close to no room to work under the car.. but the installation was straight forward.... took the car out for a test drive.. the front suspension feel a lot tighter.... when taking a corner hard. the front end leans a lot less towards the side... definitely a good performance upgrade.. especially these bushings only cost around 8 bucks.. damn cheap and simple install... two bolts and a bracket on each side.. I would recommend this to anyone with a 7G... beats buying a larger diameter sway bar..

Experienced TGC Member
    Got any pics?
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

IllestGalant
    if they are the same size, then there would be no point to this :?

4G64
    nah.. I don't have any pix.. cuz it's just the black bushings... can't tell difference by looking at it..... until u feel them.. the stocks ones are rubber.. and they are pretty much torned up.... the urethane one I replace feel so much firm...

although it is the same bar.. urethane bushings definitely makes a difference.. it allows less flex of the sway bar within the bushing being it is much harder material than rubber... therefore strengthen the swaybar and reduce the amount of lean or yaw movement of the front end.. make your suspension more solid and in control...

after this I am going to order 1g eclipse bushings sets that comes with end links. the kit I order doesn't come with end links.. hope those new end links will make a difference as well....

Experienced TGC Member
    1g end links are bigger? I gotta fix one of my end links...pound that sucker straight i duno how I manage to bend it in half.

I think I may throw on some new bushings also. Planning on installing urithane engine mount inserts, just gota figure out somethin for the front mount. While I'm at it might as well upgrade the rest of the bushings to stiffer shit as well. The whole kit to do the entire car except engine mounts wasnt too expensive.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

4G64
    I have no idea on the size of the 1G end links... but 2G sway bar bushing doesn't come with end links.. so I was hoping maybe 1G will work...

I am thinking about replacing my engine mounts as well.. but I've been told that with urethane engine mounts. u will feel a lot vibration from the engine.. not sure if I am ready for that yet....

:twisted: you guys wanna make your cars stiff as hell take the struts of and just weld a solid bar al the way around hey illest I still got the illest

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95vegasgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>:twisted: you guys wanna make your cars stiff as hell take the struts of and just weld a solid bar al the way around Â*hey illest I still got the illest </div>

LMAO.

Speaking of end link, how in gods name do you get those suckers off? I got the bolts off (duh) but cant pull the damn link out of the sway bar, or out of the thr front strut holder thing..
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

IllestGalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95vegasgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>:twisted: you guys wanna make your cars stiff as hell take the struts of and just weld a solid bar al the way around Â*hey illest I still got the illest </div>
    easy there buddy... you don't want to go down that road :twisted: