The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can't get bolt off

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Can't get bolt off

SoI bought the prothane kit and im tryingto get this
    bolt off the trailing arm I think. Ive tryed hitting it but help?!
    Last edited by spencer0791; 03-19-2011 at 12:09 PM

Are you trying to get the nut off the bolt? if so then two ptions: screw the nut back in and assuming you have some threads on the end, chase the treads with a tap/die set. If no threads left on the end of the bolt, use the nut itself as a die and power it over the rough spots to create threads. You should then replace the nut.

If the question is really about removing the bolt I can't help as i have never messed with that part of the car and am away from home so can't climb under to take a look.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

im trying to get the bolt off.... i put the nut back on so i could hammer it. i really think its just rusted on there or something...

I had those bolts come out easy but only once. Sometimes you can luck out with pb blaster, sledge and or heat. Last time I used a sawzall and pressed the remaining bolt out on the bench with a vise.

When I did mine a while ago I cut the bolts with a sawzall and bought new ones.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    When I did mine a while ago I cut the bolts with a sawzall and bought new ones.
    x2. I had the same issue.

the bolt is fused with the sleeve of the rear lower control arm/toe arm

You are going to have to cut it out. Pretty much all 2g eclipse guys have to do this. Its super easy with a sawzall. If you don't have one, buy a cheap one from Lowes, use it, and take it back later that day saying you don't like it. Just don't lose your receipt.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

awwww damn lol okay and good idea DOHCstunr haha

Use a 10.9 grade bolt or oem to replace it.

you cant. These are no regular bots.These have a lobe so it can adjust the toe.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Yep your right I was thinking of the one right beside it.

okay so im guna have to get the oem one right, cuz it has the thing on the back of it

Yes That is correct that lobe or eccentric is needed to dial in the suspension.

Part # for the bolt? Or a picture I dont know what exactly u guys talkinh about but since i bought the kit i guess ill go thru the same so before i do i want to have those bolts handy

I just did this myself on Friday. Make sure to get really good metal sawsall blades. I used Dewalt. The skil ones fron WalMart suck. Hear is a link to a control arm bolt on eBay with the part numbers. Hope it helps.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rear-...#ht_1082wt_635
    Last edited by 98mgalant; 03-20-2011 at 07:56 AM

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....