The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HID Foglight Issue

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

HID Foglight Issue

Ok, most of you know last year I did a whole retrofit with some projectors to get HID fog lights going. A couple weeks ago I noticed when I turned them on that one wasn't working. So I got under the car, checked it out, bulb looked fine, ballast seemed to be corroded or something and after I took it out and looked at it awhile, a lil bit of water started to slowly drip out from inside where one of the wires were. So I figured it was from all that ice from the 3 solid inches of ice I had on my car melting going down in there, rain, etc. So in the mean time I had the power cord disconnected from the battery, and I've installed a CAI. I just got the new ballast and bulb today, I hooked it up, hooked the power back up, flipped the switch, nothing... not even the light on the toggle switch would light up. I checked the fuse, looks fine. All connections are solid.

I looked at the relay and it looked like it had some rust and corrosion around the connectors, so I took it out. I think that could be the problem. I think, by the looks of it, water got in there and effected one of the terminals that controlled one light, then got to the others over the course of 2 weeks waiting for my new bulbs and ballasts. Take a look at the pics and tell me what you think? It looks suspect to me, but nothing else seems wrong, and if the fuse is running fine, hook up to the battery seemed solid, I would think by how this relay looks that it would be the logical issue, and in which case, only a few bucks to replace.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

If I replace it, and it's not that, I guess get a volt meter and start going through all the wiring to see where the power is getting to and where its not?

^^^^ wow bro you asked, answered and go advice to yourself on this one. "Gut feeling" you are learning to trust it.

Yeah... well. I'm hoping it's this. Cheaper and easier to fix. If it's not... I'll have to check everywhere.... damnit.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    off topic: what projectors did you use ?