The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transmission Mount Question

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Transmission Mount Question

I need to change the transmission mount on a 97 galant 2.4L with AT. The car has suddenly developed this muffled vibration when placed in drive (not reverse, park or neutral). I also noticed that the transmission mount rubber insert is somewhat squished, which is the reason for me wanting to change it.

My question is, if I support the transmission (floorjack with wood under transmission pan) and remove mount bolts, would I be able to lower the jack to get about 1/2" or so drop at the mount bracket? This may allow me to slip out the old mount. I am a novice and so I am trying as much as possible to avoid fooling around with crossmember, etc. So, for the experienced guys, approx how much drop (if any) can be expected at the mount bracket, if only this mount bolts are removed and jack lowered?

Thanks for any assistance.

Yes you can do that, but you need to remove the crossmember running from the radiator support back. The front mount is bolted to it.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

^^^ agreed, you wont be able to get motor and tranny low enough to slide the mount out without dropping the crossmember.