The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shifter trim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    What brand short shifter did you get Evil? I've seen a lot of people say to buy a B&M Replica short shifter but I've never seen a short shifter marketed as a B&M replica.

dont buy any short shifters, really. Its a waste of money even for the real one.

The replicas get very sloppy after a few months. Skrap had it on his car and it had enormous play .

Just pull the stock one out, cut 1.5'' below the threads and make another cut right after the bend. Weld the the two straight pieces together
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I dont have any access to welding materials. I have the replica...I like it but its just not short enough

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Well if you want a short shifter as short as in MKO's pics, that's the way to do it. I don't have access to welding materials either but I'm sure you could find a shop to do it for you and I doubt it'd cost that much, especially if you make the cuts yourself and then just take it to get welded back together.

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    here

how did you get the leather to stay on the boot from underneath? i purchased a 96 auto shift trim and will buy leather boot. but im wondering how to do it thanks

I have the stock boot if you want it. pm me.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    I have the stock boot if you want it. pm me.
    no. thanks though! i have the stock one and i think it looks old school. id like to upgrade hah

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    here

where did you get the boot from. I bought a auto trim because my manual trim cracked. and im wondering where im going to get a leather boot and how did you make it stay with the trim? thanks!

Maybe glue the shit outa it lol.... I'm making me one my old bandana thing is boring I like that pink plad one lol ima go to Hobby Lobby 2morrow get some material as I go to Harborfrieght to get a Fender Roller...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12