The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Security systems!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Security systems!

I'm looking to get a seurity system for my new g in the next month or so. I know a lot of you have a lot of cool ones; rolls your windows down for ya, auto start, obvs door unlocks, and sounds cool or whatever. I would like to know what you've got and I'll youtube it or something to see if I like it.

Open to a system of any price range. I only do work myself so if you happen to have a wiring diagram for the galant hookup, throw in on here =) I'll figure it out eventually if not.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Well for rolling down the window, and sounds, those boxes are extra, but for auto start and keyless they usually come with it I think lol. I was thinking about the Viper 5902v just because the OEL display, and if your going with a security system, why not get the newest one out there? ya know?
    http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/viper5902v5902.aspx
    oh and thats really all I know, just thought I would give you this website lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Viper 5901, will do everything. Online price about $300.
    Im thinking about getting it for mine.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 04-01-2011 at 01:19 PM

I have the viper 5901. The usb charging feature is great. I used to run thru AAA batteries every month. I dont like the feeling of the buttons on the 5901 compared to the older gens tho. Make sure you get the accessories too such as glass break sensor and tilt sensor and a 2nd siren. After installing my own alarm, I know how easy it is to bybass these aftermarket alarms

Experienced TGC Member
    Always been a fan of CompuStar systems as far back as 2001, they also have some pretty nice systems that will let you track your vehicle. If you don't want the tracking system they have 2 way systems with various ranges which is pretty "secure" feeling.

I will be installing a CompuStar at some point on my own Galant should it ever be finished lol
    Last edited by SPD_FRK; 03-20-2011 at 12:40 AM

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    on the G i have a python 991 (exactly the same as the viper 5901 and made by the same company) and on my Montero I have the Viper Vss5000 which is a smart start system that you can use your phone as the remote. I will be placing that system on the G shortly to replace the 991.

I would go with the 5902. My friend has one and is great. Im saving for one. Like Qnz said i will get it with all the add-ons. Plus will hook a axu for the folding mirrors.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Always been a fan of CompuStar systems as far back as 2001, they also have some pretty nice systems that will let you track your vehicle. If you don't want the tracking system they have 2 way systems with various ranges which is pretty "secure" feeling.

I will be installing a CompuStar at some point on my own Galant should it ever be finished lol
    CompuStar FTW! Got it in my Wife's XL-7 and it's the shiznit!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/5...otes-sale.html

Ask them about current price. I bought it for $89. It's refurbished but remotes are brand new. No problems at all beside I had to reset whole unit 3 months ago cause it stopped working in 2-way mode. Not big deal, just disconnected battery for 5 minutes and problem is gone since then.

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    on the G i have a python 991 (exactly the same as the viper 5901 and made by the same company) and on my Montero I have the Viper Vss5000 which is a smart start system that you can use your phone as the remote. I will be placing that system on the G shortly to replace the 991.
    I just got the Python 991 on my Altima 5-speed, it has remote start, 2 way pager and a 1 mile range. Only problem I have is that you have to hold the buttons a few seconds for it to work, I guess that is for it to send the signal to the car and then for the signal to return to teh remote. It does not have a 2 stage unlock, meaning: hit unlock once to open driver door and twice for all doors. I kinda dont like that because I am forced to open all doors once I unlock the car.

Quote Originally Posted by bergundy2k1 View Post
    I just got the Python 991 on my Altima 5-speed, it has remote start, 2 way pager and a 1 mile range. Only problem I have is that you have to hold the buttons a few seconds for it to work, I guess that is for it to send the signal to the car and then for the signal to return to teh remote. It does not have a 2 stage unlock, meaning: hit unlock once to open driver door and twice for all doors. I kinda dont like that because I am forced to open all doors once I unlock the car.
    sounds like something is wrong with your remote.

as for the 2 stage unlock, not all vehicles are capable of this feature, not to mention has to be hooked up properly and programmed properly

Good stuff guys! I'll pull up youtube later and look at a few mentioned. I want one with a lot of features =) most important would be the lock and unlock lol. I hate using keys.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

How about the installation of the Viper? Will that be very complicated?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    CompuStar FTW! Got it in my Wife's XL-7 and it's the shiznit!
    I currently have a CompuStar on mine. Autolocks, autostart, 1mile radius track receiver, trunk pop/sensor, temp sensor, hood pop/sensor, motion/fracture sensitivity sensor (adjustable), panic option and then there are a couple of other features that I dont use like auto windows, auto sunroof, turbotimer, etc.

I had this for about 3 years. Aside from the beeping sound on the 2-way not being as loud as before. I would highly recommend CompuStar.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Serbj View Post
    How about the installation of the Viper? Will that be very complicated?
    It is very straight forward. Out of all the wires connected to the brain, you would only need to connect probably about 12-15

I have the Viper 5901 with window roledown modules and 2 inside sirens. It was $260 shipped and well worth it!
    No more Galant. Hello G35 and a GREAT BIG HELLO TO MY TURBO! :)
    <><>www.freesurveymoney.webs.com<><>
    Earn easy money, NO you do NOT need a credit or debit card!! Free
    I have proof upon request

picked up a mannix alarm a few yrs back, here are the specs.
    http://alarmtek.tripod.com/MANNIXFEATURES.html
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project