The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 01-03 sebring front seat swap

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

01-03 sebring front seat swap

Ok, so I bought a pair of Sebring seats (black leather) 2 Fronts. I installed both and both fit like a glove, bolted right up...upon hooking up the power driver seat I became stumped. your switch is on the seat wires run from the switch to the motor whic is all underneath the seat, Ive come to the conclusion you just have to feed it power .....but from where thinking of the best closest place to get power from,I used the shifter light power wire which I alredy have my guages drawing power from. the seat works!!! graet...but I just blew a fuse, any ideas anyonpleas help. also realizing aftewr the fact the seat only worked when my running lights and headlights were on. closest possible location with a fuse big enough to handle the power drain?
    thankyou,
    JOE

why not just run the wire to the fusebox in the dash and use a fuse splitter then you can run the seat power on its own seperate fuse so you can use whatever size you need? They sell the splitter at autozone or advance for like 2-3$ it plugs in somewhere you have a fuse and makes it into two with a pigtail of wire coming off to run another fused power from the same source without drawing from the source thats already there ive been doing this with my gauges.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

Very good point first thing I'n the morning getting one but what size? Do you think would be not too little bot too much?

Meaning how many amp fuse should i go with

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Would you be able to post pictures of the seats?? I'd like to see how they look.. Your other choice is to run a fused dedicated line to the battery..

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    or splicing the 12v accessory power line

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Would you be able to post pictures of the seats?? I'd like to see how they look..
    +1

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    or splicing the 12v accessory power line
    ooo, good spot for my wideband! lol

ill post a pic of what one looks like so you have a reference and i dunno id say try a 15amp for the seats if that blows go up from there.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

Ok well i ran a fused line directly from the battery, originally i had a 18 gauge wire which i upgraded to 14 gauge. Blew a 10 amp fuse, put a 15 I'n and it's holding fine. Job well done btw love the seats very comfortable compared to the g seats[IMG][/IMG]

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice, those look alot like my 3G Eclipse seats.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Couldn't find eclipseseats anywhere I'm gonna try the kiwi shoe polish (black) this week. Anybody try this?

Supposedly it works wondors on faded leathers black especially. Btw does anyone know of any rear black leathers that fit back seat?

Quote Originally Posted by cleazy123 View Post
    Couldn't find eclipseseats anywhere I'm gonna try the kiwi shoe polish (black) this week. Anybody try this?
    Careful with this though, you can get polish all over your clothes if you don't buff it off completely. A little dampness and polish can come off.

thanks for the look out Tamim13