The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DDM Tuning hid kits

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar

DDM Tuning hid kits

I am needing to order new hid ballasts since it seems the relay pack went out. So I went onto DDM tuning's website, and on there it shows a dual in, dual out harness. What is this and would I need it?

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    I dont belive u need it unless ur getting a hi low bulb but i would call to make sure
    03 I4

I did call. Their phone systems suck. I dialed the extension, "the number you have dialed is not valid, please check the number and dial again". Tried again, then waited on hold for 15 min just to be hung up on by their system.

just whatever it starts with and if you want high/low (+10.00) i think and what watt and color. thats all you really need to fuck with.
    2000 G-lant ES

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galant108 View Post
    just whatever it starts with and if you want high/low (+10.00) i think and what watt and color. thats all you really need to fuck with.
    I believe this is correct. When you mention that you want the hi/lo, I think they include a special harness or whatever.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    If you want your Hi/Lo bulb to actually work then you will need to get the dual in dual out harness, thats what I had to do.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    If you want your Hi/Lo bulb to actually work then you will need to get the dual in dual out harness, thats what I had to do.
    I just ordered the DDM slim ballast kit with the +$15 or whatever is is for the option of hi/low. that took care of everything so I don't think you should have to order any extra stuff if you pick that option.

Just like to comment on ddm tuning's kits. I absolutely love these kits, but unfortunately Both of my brothers eclipse Ballasts went bad on either the left or right sides. I had given them one of my ballasts for now until I get the other 2 back under warranty. I'm a little disappointed that my ebay ones have outlasted these ddm tunings ones =/

Figured while it was kind of on topic lol

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    mine pluged in and hi/lo function is working fine. without extra dual in n out stuff.
    2000 G-lant ES

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    DDM is awesome because it is so damn cheap and the warranty is amazing, other than that, the off to full intensity times for both bulbs and ballasts are pretty long in comparison to other more expensive kits, but once again they are awesome for how cheap they are.

Beam what color temperature are your bulbs ?

I had 55w 6000k hid kit that I got from somewhere else. So I will be buying ddm's 35w 5000k kit since they don't offer the 55w kit for the h4

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i just went on there and they have the 55w h4, idk if you missed them or what

says, H4/HB2/9003
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I searched by mitsu first then click hid kit and under the wattage drop down it only had 35w

Sent from my DROIDX

The harness is not needed unless you go with a 55watt kit, or if your going with a HI/LOW kit (Bi-Xenon)

The harness evenly distributes the power between your headlights. Some common issues with HIDs is that sometimes one bulb is brighter than the other, or maybe only 1 bulb will ignite while the other one doesn't power on, or even more annoying is when your headlights are flickering.

No wire harness is needed at all for the 35watt kit, its simple plug and play. The only thing you need to order from DDM is the actual HID kit.

But, at the same time it wouldn't hurt to install the harness - This is actually a benefit because its giving you additional protection to your vehicle by supplying a 40amp relay with a 25amp fuse

taken from ddmtuning:
    Use this relay harness to connect HIDs to cars with very small gauge wiring that cannot supply the initial surge current required to light the bulbs reliably. Symptoms indicating the harness is required would be intermittent starting or lights going out after being turned on for several minutes and requiring you to turn the lights off and back on for them to turn back on again.

Recommended for all 50W HID installations but most American and European cars work at 35W/50W without the harness. The harness is definitely recommended for Quad's and other ATVs or when running multiple HID installations. This harness is a fused relay isolation harness capable of supplying 20A at 12vdc.
    Last edited by Joshua42007; 03-24-2011 at 09:39 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i dont have the kit in my 55w kit and im fine. dont search under mitsu just go to the damn HID kit section and pick what you want
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I had a 55 watt kit installed in my headlights (h1 bulbs in projector heads from JM) and for some reason it was giving me problems.

Id rather not take the risk and damage the factory wiring - not even sure if that could happen - but at the cheap cost of only 12$ for a simple wiring harness why not get it??? Thats like cheap insurance.