The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MagnaFlow Mufflers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    ucool80
    This muffler shit is driving me crazy, I went to the muffler shop and he says if he puts the race or the streeet series with a 4" tip it would sit too far low than the bumper, you knwo that lil semi circle cut on the bumper it would sit much lower than that. He said he could put it in that hole but it would sit too close to the bumper and may melt it. So he suggested to get a universal magnaflow muffler and put a 3" tip on it this way it wont be too close to the bumper and would fit in that muffler opening on the bumper. Also this would mean i would not be able to get the sound of the race series but rather more like the street series.

How did you all get yours installed? What is the model number? is it the round muffler or the oval one? How long is the tip? How wide is the tip?

Oh YEAH the guy said he would have to do an axle back, do some modifications to get either one of them on.

Thank you all for your help please help a brotha out decide!

this page pretty much shows how to install an aftermarket exhaust on the eclipse. its pretty much the same for the glant except that you need to add longer piping

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/magnaflow.htm

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ucool80
    the 4" tip wont melt the bumper would it, since it leaves on a 0.5" space between the bumper and the muffler?

should i get the one with the 4" length or with the 7" long tip?

Quote Originally Posted by ucool80
    the 4" tip wont melt the bumper would it, since it leaves on a 0.5" space between the bumper and the muffler?
    it can melt the bumper...the exhaust shop can control how much gap there is between the bumper and the tip very easily.

ucool80
    how long should the tip be? 4" or 7" long?

Quote Originally Posted by ucool80
    how long should the tip be? 4" or 7" long?
    its your personal preference...

Tiptronic
    why would you want a tip that protrudes past the rear bumper.

my .02 is 4"

ucool80
    I dont want it to protude past the bumper that is my main concern nor do i want it to fall short....

People I promise you once I have this done I will be a Phd in Magnaflow mufflers.....LOL will definetely get some pics taken real soon....when i have that on.

too short of a tip, the tip might not stick flush with the bumper. or if it does, you might have to angle the muffler weird to get it in that position.

too long of a tip, it might stick out...or you could jsut push the muffler inwards since most aftermarket mufflers are signifcantly shorter than the stock ones

ucool80
    alright!! you guys came through yet again for me....

I went and got the street series installed. that thing is loud makes my car sound like a muscle car, i mean not exactly but its pretty loud and very deep. Let me know how do i post pics? Ill put them out and ill try to get a video of it while the car is being driven so that you all know exactly what the sound is like on a V6 galant. Also ill get some pics of the chasis just so that you all know what the installer will have to do.

I had to keep the tip a little slanted down so that it doesnt mess up the bumper. Lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope that doesnt happen.

Thank you again

I got a MagnaFlow Street Series muffler for sale. It's never been installed and is still in the plastic. Email me at [email protected]

john mars

magnaflow muffler

i've got the universal street series. makes throaty sound if u rev it high,otherwise it's subtle at cruising speeds. i ahve the oval,4" tip and it's 1" away from my bumper, i just have to go slow on those sloping driveways cause i have the progress springs. it's a good mfler...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12