The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 19" rims and a drop

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    757Boyzgtz

19" rims and a drop

im gettin 19" rims this summer and of course i wanna drop my ride so i dont look like im rollin in a truck. Ive heard that Progress springs give you a 2.2 inch drop. im just wondering if that will be too low and does Progress offer other springs with less of a drop.

I got the progress springs the drop is 2inches in front and 1.8 in rear
    I think thats the only drop they got
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

TGC Regular
    Hey 757, I know exactly what you mean cause I'm planning the same type of set up in the near future too. From all the posts that I've read from people with 19's, I think the best option to go with is a set of good coilovers. Then you have control over the amount of drop you want. I know this is especially needed when using a large diameter wheel and tire size and also when you have a bodykit too.

mbssbm
    alright i got the progress drop with 17's and 45 series tires. I don't have any problems with rubbing or bottoming out. With 19's you definatly won't bottom out since your looking at being about 1" higher off the ground than me.

Progress springs drop 2.25" up front for the V6's and 2" up front for the I4's. The rear drop is the same for both at 1.8".

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    im doing the same thing, got 19's and def. need a drop. so now i know that coilovers will most likely be the best option.

...U N D E A D...