The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Listen... should CAI sound like this?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Listen... should CAI sound like this?

I made a few sound clips after the CAI install. When pressing the gas normal, you don't hear anything. A little bit of extra gas to speed up a lil more than normal and you hear this strange whistle or hissing until you get up beyond certain RPM's or hit it at WOT. Not having any performance issues, just this sound. If I just floor it I'll hear it for a quick second before the motor really kicks in and takes off with a growl. So just take a quick listen, they are only a few seconds long each and tell me if it should sound like that or not?

Windows Down 1

Windows Down 2

Windows UP

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

It kinda sounds like a belt squeal to be quite honest with you, but then again the sound clips are of horrible quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
    It kinda sounds like a belt squeal to be quite honest with you, but then again the sound clips are of horrible quality.
    Yeah thats what it sounds like to me also, but the car just had 60k mile service done a lil over a month ago and this didn't start til I put on the CAI. It's more of a whistle though I think. If it was the belt squeal it should be happening more often regardless then.

As for the quality, I think it may be your speakers or headphones. That was taken with high quality sound recorder. But it was taken outside in windy weather from inside the car... so.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

i cant open the clip but if its whistling then it gotta be a leak somewheres...double check all the couplings and tightness of the hose clamps....make extra sure the filter is clean...idle air bypass hose on good?