The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: crank sensor, 94 ls motor

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

crank sensor, 94 ls motor

So i have a oppurtunity to buy a running motor out of a 94 galant LS for 150 bucks it has 106k on it and has a bad trans. I was planning on dropping this motor in my g while i take my current motor out and start my build. So to get to my question. Does the 94 block have the two threaded holes where the crank sensor bolts on? I will be putting my 4g63 head on and i know i can use a simulated crank signal off the cam but i have not got around to get my open port cable to flash out the random misfire code. I could swear the car has gs rims on it but the guy said it doesnt have a dohc. Heres a link to the car and tell me what you guys think if its a ls or gs.http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...271319103.html
    Last edited by allrice4g64; 03-23-2011 at 10:24 PM
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    link doesnt work. the highest model 7gs from 94-96 had the same wheels like the GS, they arent gs specific.

i would imagine the holes are there as the 94 GS has the crank sensor like the 96-98 and the 94-98 block is the same and since you are doing the head swap so the different distributors dont matter and stuff so your harness is fine.

are you going to swap out the ecu back to stock as your ecu is flashable and not tunable or can you run an SAFC or something to tune it out and leave the turbo ecu
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

no i plan on just swapping that block in for my block so i can still drive the car, turboed dohc head etc. I just want to really take my time and build a motor and i still want to drive my g this summer. Right now im running off the 98 gsx stock tune stock injectors stock everything basically built it into a gst but 2.4 instead of 2.0. I need the openport 2.0 to flash the ecu so i dont have the random misfire code. 98 ecu needs a crank sensor to run good cuz theres no way to get around that damn misfire code. So thats why i wanted to know if there was a spot to put the crank sensor like if the holes were already tapped there so i can just drop the block in put my head back on it and hook everything back up.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

I know they didnt come with a crank sensor besides the gs but this aint a gs. just was wondering if anybody has a 94-95 block and noticed if the spot was there for a crank sensor. Try it now>http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...271319103.html

only way to tell is from the back as it will have a spoiler and no brake light in the rear window. you should be able to bolt it right up for the crank sensor as they are the same block just the SOHC has the extra oil holes, other than that should be the same

and i know the 94-95 have a different auto tensioner part number than the 96-98 but i cant see any real difference between the 2

you should be good to go
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

yes it has the holes for the cranks sensor
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

ya thats what i thought im not even so sure im gonna plug the holes on this block. They are just drain holes and to me they really dont need to be plugged. should just beable to pull my engine pull my head off put it on that engine and drop it in and plug stuff in. im also prolly gonna put my gst tranny and axles in when i have the engine out.

the holes need to be plugged because the head gasket doesnt cover them, at least not all the way. So do it right.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

FIIIIINE lol i have the freeze plugs at work i suppose it only takes 10 min to plug them. Or should i be the first to try it without them i think the headgasket will still seal since they are just drain holes and the 63 head doesnt use them. hmmmm i will see how lazy i feel the day i put the head on.

just put the plugs in lol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I'm going to be needing those plugs soon. Where does everyone get them from? I hear one in particular is a pain in the neck to find...

I went back and forth to a local machine shop and parts store to get mine. It seems one or two of the sizes as stated were a little off(too loose or too big don't remember). Do yourself a favor and take the motor with you on your quest.