The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ground Control Questions

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Ground Control Questions

Okay so I just bought some GC's and they are on the way. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has experience with these.

1. Alignment - will I have to keep aligning the vehicle if I alter the height?

2. Adjustment - Other than jacking up the car to change the height, do I have to take the wheel off as well?

3. Ride - I know it'll be rougher, but I have AGX's. What setting do you have them at if you have them at all?

4. Opinion - How do you like your GC's? Worth every penny?

Thanks in advance for any input
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

Galant01
    i have the same set up for my 2001. I have the GC's with AGX's. Well you will have to get the alignment fixed after installing all the parts. but the alignment shouldn't get to messed up with little height changes after install(like raising it for winter).

No you will not have to remove the wheel to adjust the coilovers. Just loosen the screw and spin and then tighten it up.

I have my AGX's set at 3 all the way around. I have the coilovers all the way down. The stiffness of the struts help you out by keeping the car from dropping down less when going over a bump. Also you can slam it and not worry about scrubing your tires.

I love my GC's. They are a good brand and should last a lifetime. Also adjusting the ride height is much easier. I think their worth it.

Sounds great...you answered all my questions, I appreciate it. I tried to click on your www link and I could not see your pics. Can you post up some pics to see how your ride looks with it all the way down and maybe all the way up? Thanks.

hey vik if you are gonna adjsut the ride height i do suggest at least an alignment inspection. i know many places do it for free. and if its bad you can get ur alignement then and there and if its good then you can just go home.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey vik if you are gonna adjsut the ride height i do suggest at least an alignment inspection. i know many places do it for free. and if its bad you can get ur alignement then and there and if its good then you can just go home.</div>

Yeah thanks Allan...I'm like 99% sure I need an alignment anyway cause after installing my AGX's the car shakes like a leaf at 60 mph and over plus it's pulling to the right a little. At Merchants...they have a good thing..you can pay a little extra and get unlimited alignments for 1 or 3 years...not a bad deal especially if you have GC's!!!

I have the GC's and I'm running stock shocks as of right now. I have them set LOW, and as far as im concerned, the ride is great. You dont necessarily need an alignment ( I didnt), but it's safe to get one (I did) to make sure everything is working smoothly. If you have any other questions let me know.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(COgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have the GC's and I'm running stock shocks as of right now. I have them set LOW, and as far as im concerned, the ride is great. You dont necessarily need an alignment ( I didnt), but it's safe to get one (I did) to make sure everything is working smoothly. If you have any other questions let me know.</div>

Sounds good...thanks a lot for your input!!

No problem
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages