The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: freedom design strut bar

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 65
    chauGTZ

freedom design strut bar

hi..... i just ordered a freedom design strut bar just wondering if anyone has this and if it is good qulity or not and does it make a huge diffrence ???? because i have the stock eclipse one rite not, so is there and diffrence between the two besides how they look?

.....thanks!!!!!

from all the post i have read,, i think Freedom Design Rocks,, the only thing i hate is taht red color at the end of the sturt bar,,, its just too god damn bright,,, you can alwasy paint that over,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Turboutlaw
    I like mine alot, and yea, I might be painting mine blue,

I like mine too...good quality
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Dilemma
    ditto there is a noticable difference.

Mine was a pain in the butt to put on but I noticed alot of imporvement when I installed it.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

BlueESV6
    You'll notice a difference. Definitely stiffens the front end...

(and looks good too)

I have a ?,
    Is it hard to actually install the strut bar. I am not mechanically incline, but exactly what would I have to do to install a strut bar. I haved the gtz so i should feel some difference in the ride, am I right or wrong on this....Thanks JOSH
    I had a 2001 Dover Pearl White Galant GTZ totaled it in 04

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1549311946

Well, mine was a biaatch to install.. I think I had a defective batch.. I had to grind inside one of the holes with a dremmel to get mine to fit properly..my shit is tight as hell.. yes you should notice a difference..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Turboutlaw
    mine took like 3 hits with a mallot and went right on... anyone can do it

ucool80
    Where can I get one from? and are there any other better strut bars out there as well?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucool80)</div><div class='quotemain'>Where can I get one from? and are there any other better strut bars out there as well?</div>

here is the link for Freedom Design
    http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6618

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, mine was a biaatch to install.. I think I had a defective batch.. I had to grind inside one of the holes with a dremmel to get mine to fit properly..my shit is tight as hell.. yes you should notice a difference..</div>

you too? i did the exact same thing (GOD i love my dremel lol). there probably was a defective batch.... :?
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cali)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, mine was a biaatch to install.. I think I had a defective batch.. I had to grind inside one of the holes with a dremmel to get mine to fit properly..my shit is tight as hell.. yes you should notice a difference..</div>

you too? i did the exact same thing (GOD i love my dremel lol). there probably was a defective batch.... :?</div>

i thought it was 1, 2, 3, setup,, did u use freedom design??

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Nice.. I thought I was the only one... haha....

MUST have been a bad batch..

Kho, it is supposed to be an easy install.. unless you got one from the bad batch...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Senior TGC Member
    I lucked out...my strut bar went in perfectly, and now BGR has it. Wonder if he had to do any pounding...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Gilhuly
    I got mine fairly recently (this winter). It was the easiest thing I've evr done. Just take off the tower bolts and eyeball the unit for length and then fine tune it. I put mine so that it was a little tight getting on so it would do what it's supposed to. I think with no other mods to the suspension you will notice a big difference. If you get the Rear sway bar you'll be in excellent shape for not too much $.

Senior TGC Member
    BTW I always assumed with the strut bar you would want to extend it as long as possible when installing...am I wrong about that logic?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>BTW I always assumed with the strut bar you would want to extend it as long as possible when installing...am I wrong about that logic? </div>
    I sorta eyeballed mine, made it long enough for everything to fit, then tightened up the adjusting nuts until tight.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I got one form the bad batch too....I used a rubber mallet and pounded the shit outta it until it went down

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast