The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: good shocks? things to worry about when lowering?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23
    roman

good shocks? things to worry about when lowering?

eibach kit - 250
    kyb gr-2 shocks - 50 each

total: 450 shipped

question, what else would be needed
    how hard to do (my uncle has garage, with lift)
    how good are those shocks?

tanx

91GALANTDRIVER
    eibach are a good spring and the price is right. I have AGX's and I like them that does sound like a good price for them as well. What size tires do you plan to put on it. You will feel the road a bit more, but the ride is great. Once you drop it and get the tires on you may want to have a 4 weel alinment done.

mjc1055
    you'll need to rent a spring compressor from somewhere to have the springs mounted.

roman
    mmm my uncle changes shocks by himself, dont know about springs ... but I'll ask, maybe he has one

my rims are 17's, I'm kind of questioning lowering because I'm affraid it would rub
    anyone dropped their 7g with 17's? can show me pics?
    any input on those shocks?
    the prices are from tirerack.com ...

91GALANTDRIVER
    I have a 6G with 205 40 17 kumo's and a 1.5 drop no problems

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wlr2002)</div><div class='quotemain'>Once you drop it and get the tires on you may want to have a 4 weel alinment done.</div>

you will need that 4 wheel alignment done. no matter how low or high the drop is, you're gonna need to get that 4 wheel alignemnt done whenever you change the ride height of your car.

you might also need a camber correction kit. but not likely with the pro kit. your alignment results will show if you really need one or not.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wlr2002)</div><div class='quotemain'>Once you drop it and get the tires on you may want to have a 4 weel alinment done.</div>

you will need that 4 wheel alignment done. no matter how low or high the drop is, you're gonna need to get that 4 wheel alignemnt done whenever you change the ride height of your car.

you might also need a camber correction kit. but not likely with the pro kit. your alignment results will show if you really need one or not.</div>

yes, I know that
    I'm just wondering on the quality of those gr-2 shocks ... my friend said he had some on a Thunderbird and they went out in 6 motnsh ...

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wlr2002)</div><div class='quotemain'>Once you drop it and get the tires on you may want to have a 4 weel alinment done.</div>

you might also need a camber correction kit. but not likely with the pro kit. your alignment results will show if you really need one or not.</div>

yes, I know that
    I'm just wondering on the quality of those gr-2 shocks ... my friend said he had some on a Thunderbird and they went out in 6 motnsh ...</div>

It all depends on how far you drop your car. If you drop it 3" then your shocks are going to go out faster than with a 2" drop. I wouldn't worry about it though I dropped my car like 3" and my GR-2's held up for over a year. Actuall the rears are still good but I could stand to replace the front shocks.

roman
    the eibach pro kit:
    front 1.5"
    rear 1.0"

drop

so ... ?

91GALANTDRIVER
    I'd do it one size front and back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'>the eibach pro kit:
    front 1.5"
    rear 1.0" Â*

drop Â*

so ... ?</div>

the eibach pro kit was made to work with your stock shock without blowing them out too quicklys.so... with that said, those gr2's should last a pretty long time with a drop like the pro kits.

roman
    so the pro kit could work even with stock shocks?
    my G has 120k, Ive had it since 80k and havent replaced them yet, I guess suspension would need to be replaced soon anyways ... once it does go out - might as well lower it
    and I'll try GR-2 shocks
    gona ask my uncle about them too ... I think I've seen a few in his garage ...

91GALANTDRIVER
    Thats when I did mine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'>so the pro kit could work even with stock shocks?
    my G has 120k, Ive had it since 80k and havent replaced them yet, I guess suspension would need to be replaced soon anyways ... once it does go out - might as well lower it Â*
    and I'll try GR-2 shocks
    gona ask my uncle about them too ... I think I've seen a few in his garage ...</div>

yup they can work with stock shocks. but don't put them on when you have significantly worn shocks, you're just asking to redo everything in a rew weeks.

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'>so the pro kit could work even with stock shocks?
    my G has 120k, Ive had it since 80k and havent replaced them yet, I guess suspension would need to be replaced soon anyways ... once it does go out - might as well lower it Â*
    and I'll try GR-2 shocks
    gona ask my uncle about them too ... I think I've seen a few in his garage ...</div>

yup they can work with stock shocks. but don't put them on when you have significantly worn shocks, you're just asking to redo everything in a rew weeks.</div>

they r still good
    I'm just going to try and get everything - then once the stock stuff begins to really suck - install this
    eitehr that, or once winter ends

I shouldn't have any rubbing right?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you shouldn't rub, but that all depends, what size tires do u have on right now? if u have anything smaller than a 215/45/17, u should be fine. i've heard of bigger on 7Gs with no rubbing, but thats the biggest i know for sure will work.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>you shouldn't rub, but that all depends, what size tires do u have on right now? if u have anything smaller than a 215/45/17, u should be fine. i've heard of bigger on 7Gs with no rubbing, but thats the biggest i know for sure will work.</div>
    lol I'm below that tire size

tnx

still worried about shocks though any1 uses those?

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wlr2002)</div><div class='quotemain'>Once you drop it and get the tires on you may want to have a 4 weel alinment done.</div>

I actually thought that was true, i had had my car dropped with AGX and Eibach pro kit and did not need an alignment shit, even the vibration going over 65 is no longer there. I was suprised to hear the mechanic say i didn't need one.

roman
    I looked today, my tiers are 215/45/17

cooldog45
    Just to let you know if you put a system in your car you'll most likely blow the back GR-2 shox as I did after about 2 weeks nad those shoxs are not covered under warranty since your car is drooped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast