The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: freedom design strut bar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 65
    Here goes another question? Do you take both side bolts off at once, then put the strut bar on, or do u install one side at a time? This might be a dumb question, but i dont wanna screw up, i'm well known for that part......Thanks JOSH
    I had a 2001 Dover Pearl White Galant GTZ totaled it in 04

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1549311946

Gilhuly
    I did both at the same time.

On that previous question about whether to install pulling in or pushing out - I don't know, but assumed in hard turns that the tower on the outside wheel would pull outward?

ucool80
    is there a tutorial on this? if not can anyone write down a few steps as to how to do it? Thanx

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucool80)</div><div class='quotemain'>is there a tutorial on this? if not can anyone write down a few steps as to how to do it? Thanx</div>

umm i havent done this either,, but i do know is that u have to jack the car,, up for safety... anyone else with anyother tip

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

no need to jack up the car, the ring can be detached from the bar for install

Faction
    im ordering one pretty soon, so all i do is take those bolts off and on goes the strut tower bar? hmmmm this sounds fun

chauGTZ
    i just recieved mine in today and it looks great!!!! better then i thought. thanks for all the help and input!!!!!! well im going to istall it this weekend and ill update you on how it goes....thanks again!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chauGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just recieved mine in today and it looks great!!!! better then i thought. thanks for all the help and input!!!!!! well im going to istall it this weekend and ill update you on how it goes....thanks again!!!!</div>

hey if you got digi camera,, may be you can make lil tutorial for all the newbiew,, i mean the steps,, for it,,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

BlueESV6
    I have read that some have had to "pound" theirs on... I had to do the same, but then discovered (on a leter post) that it was on backwards :oops:

When I switched the sides it went on smooth as butter with no pounding. You may want to check yours out to see if it's on right. This was on a previous post several months back (with pics)......

The bar mounts are closer to the front of the car on the tower brackets. Good Luck with it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chauGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just recieved mine in today and it looks great!!!! better then i thought. thanks for all the help and input!!!!!! well im going to istall it this weekend and ill update you on how it goes....thanks again!!!!</div>

hey if you got digi camera,, may be you can make lil tutorial for all the newbiew,, i mean the steps,, for it,,,,</div>

i really don't see what's so hard about removing 6 bolts. i have a billet alluminum limited production strut bar from taiwan, made exclusively for GDI and its the non adjustable type. unlike that freedom design bars which are adjustable. and yea it takes me less than 5 mins to take mine on and off. the hardest part for me was torqueing the bolts on and that isn't even rocket science there.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chauGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just recieved mine in today and it looks great!!!! better then i thought. thanks for all the help and input!!!!!! well im going to istall it this weekend and ill update you on how it goes....thanks again!!!!</div>

hey if you got digi camera,, may be you can make lil tutorial for all the newbiew,, i mean the steps,, for it,,,,</div>

i really don't see what's so hard about removing 6 bolts. i have a billet alluminum limited production strut bar from taiwan, made exclusively for GDI and its the non adjustable type. unlike that freedom design bars which are adjustable. and yea it takes me less than 5 mins to take mine on and off. the hardest part for me was torqueing the bolts on and that isn't even rocket science there.</div>

That what im thinking is not like you have to do any real kinda work, take bolts off, put STB on, and then tighten bolts back.. job done..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

missbitchy
    i put mine on the other day and it would have been a five min thing if the thing would have been made right ... the part where they welded the arm to the ring was a lil fu(ked up... it stuck out a lil so i had to get out my rotary tool and sand it back just a lil so the ring would go on.... after that not even five mins... looks great and my car feels a lil better too in the handling department too :thumbsup:

ucool80
    It does sound like a simple task to do, but I would still like to have some instructions with pictures if possible. Please if anyone can make some out I and I am sure plenty of us would appreciate it. Thank you.....Also someone tell me how to post pics?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chauGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just recieved mine in today and it looks great!!!! better then i thought. thanks for all the help and input!!!!!! well im going to istall it this weekend and ill update you on how it goes....thanks again!!!!</div>

i really don't see what's so hard about removing 6 bolts. i have a billet alluminum limited production strut bar from taiwan, made exclusively for GDI and its the non adjustable type. unlike that freedom design bars which are adjustable. and yea it takes me less than 5 mins to take mine on and off. the hardest part for me was torqueing the bolts on and that isn't even rocket science there.</div>

That what im thinking is not like you have to do any real kinda work, take bolts off, put STB on, and then tighten bolts back.. job done..</div>
    Yea come on guys, it's not rocket science. It's the easiest mod to put on your car short of changing headlights. The only people that experienced problems are the ones that got a defective bar, and apparently there were a batch of them. You don't need to jack up the car, you dont need to remove wheels. Here's a simple tutorial:

1. remove three bolts holding your strut in one one side.
    2. attach the strut brace bracket thru the three holes make sure the words "Freedom Design" are facing up and you can read them from the front of the car
    3. hand tighten the nuts on that side
    4. remove the three strut nuts on the other side
    5. adjust the bar as needed to slip the bracket over the three bolts
    6. hand tighten the nuts on that side
    7. adjust the bar with the nuts in the center until it's tight and centered between the two strut brackets
    8. Torque down the strut tower bolts on each side per manufacturer specs
    9. drive
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

ucool80
    thank you so much that does help understand what people were talking about....now to adjust the bar? I know there are screws on the bar itself that can be tightened but why am i needing to tighten them up any further than what they came on originally as? and what am I aligining it to? I didnt understand "7. adjust the bar with the nuts in the center until it's tight and centered between the two strut brackets "

What is the torque recommendations from Mitsubishi for our struts on a V6?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chauGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just recieved mine in today and it looks great!!!! better then i thought. thanks for all the help and input!!!!!! well im going to istall it this weekend and ill update you on how it goes....thanks again!!!!</div>

That what im thinking is not like you have to do any real kinda work, take bolts off, put STB on, and then tighten bolts back.. job done..</div>
    Yea come on guys, it's not rocket science. It's the easiest mod to put on your car short of changing headlights. The only people that experienced problems are the ones that got a defective bar, and apparently there were a batch of them. You don't need to jack up the car, you dont need to remove wheels. Here's a simple tutorial:

1. remove three bolts holding your strut in one one side.
    2. attach the strut brace bracket thru the three holes make sure the words "Freedom Design" are facing up and you can read them from the front of the car
    3. hand tighten the nuts on that side
    4. remove the three strut nuts on the other side
    5. adjust the bar as needed to slip the bracket over the three bolts
    6. hand tighten the nuts on that side
    7. adjust the bar with the nuts in the center until it's tight and centered between the two strut brackets
    8. Torque down the strut tower bolts on each side per manufacturer specs
    9. drive</div>

man the reason i said it cause,, Chrome and Cali were having hard time with it thats y,,,, ty Chip

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucool80)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didnt understand "7. adjust the bar with the nuts in the center until it's tight and centered between the two strut brackets "
    </div>
    Freedom Design STB's brackets are attached to the bar in a nut-and-bolt fashion. When you tighten the STB, make sure the bar is centered between the brackets. I'm sure it'll be clear to you once the STB is in your hands.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucool80)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    What is the torque recommendations from Mitsubishi for our struts on a V6?</div>
    32 ft-lb
    <a href="http://jayd.net" target="_blank">Ride With Me Home</a>

For those of you guys that say you have a bad batch, let me tell you what happened. Apparently Freedom Designs sent out some with with the sticker upside down. So when you try to install the bar with the sticker facing up, the holes don't line up with the posts. Basically if you install the STB backwards it will fit. If you want the sticker the right side up, then take the ends off and swap them, then install with the sticker correctly placed. This happened to me as well as some of you, but when I put it on backwards it fit with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BBGalant
    For those of you guys that say you have a bad batch, let me tell you what happened. Apparently Freedom Designs sent out some with with the sticker upside down. So when you try to install the bar with the sticker facing up, the holes don't line up with the posts. Basically if you install the STB backwards it will fit. If you want the sticker the right side up, then take the ends off and swap them, then install with the sticker correctly placed. This happened to me as well as some of you, but when I put it on backwards it fit with no problem.
    this what I had to do when I got mine last year
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by BBGalant
    When I got mine, I removed the "rings" from the bar for easy install, they wouldn't fit right either way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast