The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: freedom design strut bar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 65
    wwangster86
    Seems like mitsubishi had more than a "batch" of faulty strut mounts. Mine wouldn't fit either because you'll notice one of the screws is slanted. I don't recommend pounding the bracket in...you don't want to NOT be able to put your screws back on your strut brace.

Some might have luck switching sides, but I would dremel like some of the guys did.

Faction
    aye mate, my infiniti censee coupe (aka G35) comes stock with front and rear strut tower bars

IMS
    Here's a quick tutorial on how I did it.

1. open hood (easy)
    2. took off the three nuts on the left side
    3. took the STB apart (left right, right ring, and bar)
    4. put the left ring on the left side, which involved sanding the inner part of the ring a little and then using a rubber mallet to get it all the way on.
    5. put the three nuts back - tighten to 32 ft-lb
    6. repeat on right side
    7. took the bar and adjusted the ends so that the holes on the adjusting nuts lined up with the holes on the rings.
    8. attached the bar to the two rings
    9. done!

Problems that I didn't run into:
    1. the rings larger center hole fits okay, but the three smaller holes that the nut posts go through don't line up.
    option 1: sand the smaller holes so they fit
    option 2: jack up the car and move the strut assembly around. but I don't that you would want to do that.

best bet is to sand the holes so they are bigger

hope this helps!

installing a stb is the easiest thing to do...the problem i had was that the bar where the "ring" goes into was cross threaded so i couldnt adjust it to make it fit...it wasnt cause we couldnt install it...and yea it's tru about the lettering being backwards...mine is still like that.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

neonsigns
    I know it is a stupid question but here it goes ...

How do you tighten the bolts with the correct torque with a hand wrench?
    How tight is 32 ft lb of torque?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neonsigns)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know it is a stupid question but here it goes ...

How do you tighten the bolts with the correct torque with a hand wrench?
    How tight is 32 ft lb of torque?</div>

Thats actually a pretty good question......

I dont have the answer but its a good question.

I tightened mine until the bolt turned no more (by hand). And than i let my Dad do it also, he's alittle stronger.

Maybe someone can tell you how many ft lbs of torque you need!
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

its pretty simple but first lets define a foot pound

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>a unit of work equal to the work done by a force of one pound acting through a distance of one foot in the direction of the force </div>

work equals force times distance.

work in our case is foot pounds.

so if you had a wrenc that was 6 inches long. then you'd have to exert a force of 64 pounds to achieve the 32 ft lbs to torque up them bolts.

so i guess measure your wrench to determine how much force you need to exert. once that is determine i guess hook on like a spring scale or something to like gauge how much force you are exerting. we used to do that back in our middle school physics class. but yea if you really care, then you'd go out and buy an torque wrench. a regular torque wrench isn't that expensive.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

hey i just got my bar yesterday and the front screw doesn't line up i have to use a dermal like u guys said.. but im lost when you guys say flip it over, the laters (you think is we tell Ptuneing bout that they cans end us new letters?). any body have a pic of it? ... also mine anit fit because my battery the bar touches the negative thing. so if any body has a pic of it installed the way that it works id appreciate it...Thanks Ron
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

aaron3705

freedom designs stb

I have been looking into a freedom designs stb for some time. At one point I found one for around 90 bucks. Of course now I cant remember what site I was on. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good deal :?:
    Thanks

Its 74 with the club discount at Ptuning.com
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

aaron3705

freedom design stb

74 bucks thats great, Thax for the heads up wolfman. Ok so heres the problem I went to Ptuning but could not for the life of me figure out how to get the club discount. The only thing that I could find was a icon to redeem a coupon with a discount code. I have not done alot of online shopping, so how do I get the discount?

Thanx again

Did they raise the price now its like 84 or something even with the discount, i was thinking about ordering one.
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

so basically me repeating again, did they raise the price?

yup. the price went up. but then its cheaper than buying one from the manufacturer.

Something is wrong with their site, i've tried to order it four times now and it won't process it.

I finally got to order it, hopefully i won't have any of the problems that you guys have had with installing it. Maybe by this weekend i'll get it, but they still haven't shipped it.

HELP!

My strutbar has fitment issues, the big circles aren't big enough to fit around the factory piece that sticks out of the top of the struts, i can fit two bolts but not all three, maybe need to dremel or something. Tried to use a rubber mallet but that didn't really work. Dont have a dremel or one readily available so what are my options. As of right now its on my car but only with two bolts. What to do?

Michael

chauGTZ
    wow... :shock: i started this topic back in march and its still going? haha thats crazy

maybe you have the strut bar on backwards. sometimes they put the sticker on backwards. or maybe you just have the wrong strut bar.

here's a pik, it might help

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast