The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any suggestions for 8g Galant JDM conversion body kit?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Any suggestions for 8g Galant JDM conversion body kit?

Mitsu 8g Galant is my ultimate dream car. After struggling for a few months I finally got an indigo blue 2003 Galant (4G64). Both I and the preview owner love the car very much and the car is happily in great conditions.

Besides the SOHC head and FWD, the only thing causes me feel a little bit sick is the stock body kit, which makes the car look like a candy duck on a lifebuoy. As super VR4 grille and headlights are still in the market nowadays, I've been thinking about JDM VR4 conversion.

Unfortunately it's difficult to find great body kits. The ones don't fit can be the worst nightmare for enthusiasts. Currently I'm wondering whether the VIS VR4 body kit can be a good option. I guess this is another replica copied from the older version of JDM 8g Galant VR4, so perhaps it will fit well?

Any suggestions or opinions are extremely welcomed.

Link to this body kit:

http://www.visracing.com/newcatalog/...-Full-Kit.html

That kit looks like it is a copy of the JDM Pre Facelift VR-4, and that meens it looks awesome :)

Thanks a lot. It's much more complicated than I thought >.<
    Can I combine the facelifted headlight+grille with the pre-facelifted bumper?

And further I guess the VIS one is brainlessly copied from the JDM pre-facelifted bumper, so it should also have a gap with USDM headlights?

I also noticed that FrankMB's Galant combines a facelifted JDM VR4 headlight+grille with a Dolphin Aeroform bumper. I can't find a dealer that sells this bumper. Is it made in foreign countries??
    Here:
    http://www.socalautowerks.com/products.html
    There are some people selling it, using FrankMB's photo (so they got to be bad guys). I guess this is perhaps a replica?

(Probably I'm wrong? Probably the person selling Dolphin Aeroform bumper in Socalautowerks is Cali himself?!)

FrankMB's Galant:
    Last edited by Serbj; 03-25-2011 at 11:21 PM

yeah you can combine the face lifted grill with pre-facelitfed. there are a few who have done it

According to the best of my knowledge, I HAVE to buy JDM OEM grille and headlight, while the bumper I could probably get from crappy suppliers such as VIS? Oh gosh I don't even know whether the VIS front bumper will fit T.T

What do you guys think about Extreme Dimensions' VR4 front bumper? See here:
    http://www.extremedimensions.com/11936.html

It's even cheaper than VIS. Is it a good choice?
    Last edited by Serbj; 03-26-2011 at 07:16 AM

that dolphin aero is shit expensive.. wtf... thats nuts... any other supplier for that.. and cheaper? lol

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    that dolphin aero is shit expensive.. wtf... thats nuts... any other supplier for that.. and cheaper? lol

yea, dolphin aeroform themeselves, at a much higher price plus $500 for shipping.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    yea, dolphin aeroform themeselves, at a much higher price plus $500 for shipping.
    WACKK.. well it gives u that super vr4 feel...

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    u must not know what ur looking at or what is involved if u think that's expensive for a DOLPHIN AEROFORM bumper. if u wanted to get it from the actual source (japan); u would probably have to pay 2-3 times as much as SOCAL AUTOWERKS is selling it for!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJambo View Post
    Well I got my "VR-4" bumper from VIS today and guess what? Their VR-4 bumper is actually a VR-M bumper. The picture they show on their website is a VR-4 and they stated that it's exactly like in the picture but I get it and try to fit it up and yep, you have to remove the crash bar and cut into the unibody to get it to fit.

It was supposed to be this bumper:

But it's actually this bumper:
    I should avoid VIS like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by secto01 View Post
    ok i got it put on it looks good the gaps are weard fiber glass them i guess well pics 4 u....
    no cutting bumper gurd.
    This is Extreme Dimensions' front bumper. Disappointing too.

So it seems I've got to ask triggermauve for help lol:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=43521
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=20588
    Last edited by Serbj; 03-30-2011 at 04:37 PM

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    trigg or cali, best two options we have. Cali makes good stuff, trigg finds good stuff.