The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ever had this probem

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Ever had this probem

bought my 9g used and 3 weeks later I took it back to dealer because I felt the front end wobling, grinding nose I knew it was the breaks and figured it was the rotors. Dealer turn rotors and problem wentaway, smooth rie. Months later the wobble and friends came back so my mechanic got me new pads and rotors in sept ptoblem went away. in Jan same thing so mechan change rotors under warrenty- smooth ride. Now the craziness is back what do I do I mean what the french toast?

Maybe your rotors keep warping? What brand do you buy and also what brand brake pads?

what brands the rotors?
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Lighten up on your braking, no offense.

Easy on the brakes bro. Also don't wash the car after just arriving home, let it cool off. Hot brakes+cold water=warped rotors and cracked pads.

On another note try investing in better rotors, oem not so great, oem replacements are shit. Look for aftermarket drilled slotted or those that are cryogen treated.

Could be a frozen caliper? Maybe your calipers are not releasing fast enough? How many miles do you have on the car now?

I am not sure what brand rotors used i do know he got them from bennett auto supply, and using metalic pad. The car right now has 55k. The calliper point sound interestig to me. Upgrade brake swill be my last resort. Thank you 9G fam.

Sounds like they might not be good quality rotors. It's really worth investing in a good set of rotors with good pads. The combination I went was first with r1concepts e-line rotors (from a vendor on here) with Akebono pads. Lasted me 45K. I decided to up it the next time and went with r1concepts premium rotors and stuck with Akebonos. The harder metal can handle the temp changes in rain and snow pretty well without warping is what I'm told, and looks like that's true. Remember, brakes are one of the most important parts on your car, and you shouldn't stint on price against quality.