The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 swap

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

4G64 swap

hey guys im new on here and am noticing that all of your rides are 4G64 Evo motors,is this correct? is that stock? we have the 6A13TT in ours ,please excuse me if i sound dumb but just getting a feel for the USA likings really.
    thanx
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    hey guys im new on here and am noticing that all of your rides are 4G64 Evo motors,is this correct? is that stock? we have the 6A13TT in ours ,please excuse me if i sound dumb but just getting a feel for the USA likings really.
    thanx
    The Evo motor that can be swapped into our Galants would be the 4g63t, from an Evo 8 - with modification.

This is the engine that I have, I have a 2002 Galant ES (4cyl) - 4g64

This isnt a picture of my engine, mine is a LOT more dirtier. Just trying to show an example of what im talking about.
    Last edited by Joshua42007; 03-30-2011 at 01:39 PM

4g63 is evo.

6A13TT>4g64

ok so do you guys have the original vr4 that comes out with the 6A13TT in it or no? are they all 2.4 or 2.0?sorry if i come across dumb but again,the american scene is new to me
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    ok so do you guys have the original vr4 that comes out with the 6A13TT in it or no? are they all 2.4 or 2.0?sorry if i come across dumb but again,the american scene is new to me
    We do not have the 6A13TT available to us. Here is what came on the American models for the 8th generation:
    3.0L V6, naturally aspirated, 6G72
    2.4L I4, naturally aspirated, 4G64

The Lancer Evolution utilizes the 4G63T engine.

We have the 6th generation VR-4, but not the 7th or 8th generations.
    It is my opinion that you should keep your 6A13TT. People over here would nearly die to get their hands on that engine and be able to swap it in.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I would loooove love love to have the 6A13TT in my car...or just to have that car itself. Beam514 is right, there are many of us here that would kill to have your engine. Why would you want to swap it out with something else?

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

I think 6A13TT has already been a DOHC engine, which means, you just turbo it.

^^^the 6a13 is n/a dohc and the 6a13tt is twin turbo dohc

Trade ya my both my 4g64 for your 6a13tt, LOL.

are you guys allowed to drop the 6a13tt in? if so as long as your cars are 4wd Chassis then i can ship you guys the entire kit to do a vr4 conversion,reason i ask is iv done all i can and fufilled my vr4 destiny and now am playing with the different ideas and seeing if a single turb 4g id worth it or not.

do you guys not get legnums there either?,
    heres a vid i made years back,my car is the purple wagon without the front numberplate ,i totally made this car from scratch,fabricated the bodykit and everyhting in or on it for myself, converted AYC rear Diff to open type-V dff,

http://www.youtube.com/user/gmwoodey.../8/_HnQwtVyw_Y
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    We don't have 4WD or Legnums here. Just the stupid FWD, ugly USDM Galant :)

We had one person in the past attempt the 6A13TT swap, but gave up and imported a full VR-4 car instead. For states with inspection/emissions testing, the 6A13TT would not allow the car to pass, as it is not governed by United States emissions standards.

um i have to say that stinks ey.. bloody laws they always know how to take the fun away from us...... so you guys have the 6g7X series in your cars? the SOHC or DOHC? the 6G72 Diamante 3.5l Mivec goes like a cut cat on poppies,but being FWD again i doubt it wil be aby good.

Tell me how do you guys get on with FWD and loss of traction then? no Rear Diffs nothing,that must suck...
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

um i have to say that stinks ey.. bloody laws they always know how to take the fun away from us......
    Yea no shit, What I wouldn't do for an R34...