The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Isaurio's Brembo Swap

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 61
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Your very welcome Isuriao you know i got you any time just another mod to add to the list pretty soon i'm going to start charging you LOL just kidding. There is a minor detail with the rear bolts that has to be addressed the evo's rear backing plates are thicker than the 8g so the rear bolts have to be cut down 1/8 of an inch so the bolts don't hit the rotors!!! And if your rear is a drum set up you need the rear disc backing plates to do this swap. I will compile a list of part numbers for the bolts, washers and break lines needed for the swap.
    I never had a problem with needed to cut them down, I may have added an extra thin washer though, its been so long I cant even remember. I will find out soon enough though, I gotta re-paint mine, they are looking shabby.

Nice work though, I like those wheels on the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

^x2, I didn't have to cut them either.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    I never had a problem with needed to cut them down, I may have added an extra thin washer though, its been so long I cant even remember. I will find out soon enough though, I gotta re-paint mine, they are looking shabby.

Thats weird when I bolted mine up I tried to spin the rotor it wouldn't move when I looked behind I saw the bolt backed up against the rotor only the rear though the front were perfect... Just waiting on his center caps to come in and i'm going to c/f for him my powder coater also did the rims for him too.
    Last edited by deeznutz; 03-31-2011 at 07:30 PM

i thought your using cali's adjustable rear toes? how much drop do you have front/rear?

-RON

wait wait wait what is this about the rear calipers? im about to install mine on saturday... stewi and greddy are u guys using the stock galant ebrake assembly or ones of the 2g eclipse ect.

edit: i was just looking on the mitsubishi asa program and it says the evo caliper bolt is 10mmx30 and the galant/eclipse is 10mmx16.5 maybe thats why he had to cut the bolts
    Last edited by underated; 03-31-2011 at 08:39 PM
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

I used the ebrake assembly out of a wrecked V6 galant. Since my car had rear drums, I had to get the disc backing plate with the assembly, as far as the bolts go, there was no cutting involved for me, I used the bolts that came with the calipers when I bought them off one of my local evo buddies, to my knowledge they were his stock caliper bolts since I watched him pull them off the car. Worst comes to worst, just grab a dremel and go for it.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Those brembo's are secksy. +2 mate.

Quote Originally Posted by P'NOYcaL View Post

i thought your using cali's adjustable rear toes? how much drop do you have front/rear?
    he does have Cali's rear toes but not installed yet, he's running Tein S springs not sure on the drop with AGX adjustable shocks he could have stiffened the rear to allow less travel but he likes a soft ride so he chose to go the right way and roll his quarters

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    wait wait wait what is this about the rear calipers? im about to install mine on saturday... stewi and greddy are u guys using the stock galant ebrake assembly or ones of the 2g eclipse ect.

edit: i was just looking on the mitsubishi asa program and it says the evo caliper bolt is 10mmx30 and the galant/eclipse is 10mmx16.5 maybe thats why he had to cut the bolts
    when I did both Isuriao's and my swap I used the drum's cable there is a clip that holds it to the rear plate and doesn't fit the disc plate you must rely on the spring inside the drum to hold it in place which is fine too no issues with the function at all it works just fine. I do have a v6 cable I just never installed it

Looks good! can't wait to install my brembos =]

TURBO= in the making.......

I cut opened up that hole in the backing plate to allow the stock 8g ES ebrake cable to go thru, I notched it so that retainer clip would stay in, it works OK. Ideally at some point I will get GTZ backing plates and a GTZ ebrake cable and be done with it. The factory eclipse/galant bolts arent the same for the Brembo's the thread pitch is different. If you used OEM caliper bolts from an EVO, there shouldnt be a need to run shorter bolts and if there is, it should be able to be fixed by using an additional washer versus cutting it.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks good and makes me want to get off my lazy ass and get my set on lol
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post

Thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by P'NOYcaL View Post

I have them, but i was waiting until i put the brembo. So i could do one time wheel alignment.

Drop on the front 1.7"
    Drop on the rear 1.3"
    But since the AGX are adjustable it would raise the car a little.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    he does have Cali's rear toes but not installed yet, he's running Tein S springs not sure on the drop with AGX adjustable shocks he could have stiffened the rear to allow less travel but he likes a soft ride so he chose to go the right way and roll his quarters
    ^^^^ Thanks bro. You know my car inside out. LOL
    Here on the city you could not stiffened these fuckers because of the potholes. But i could say AGX A+++ Put it to the last setting and DAM, it wont move for shit stiff like a rock.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

The dampening force of the AGX is adjustable, it wont actually change the ride height, it will change the amount of force required to compress the shock/strut.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Why wouldn't I know your car inside n out I've done alot of work to it..

Theres nothing wrong with cutting the bolts down it's just a cleaner look than doubling up on washers not saying that there's anything wrong with it both methods do the job just fine. And I wasn't suggesting stiffing up the rear would change ride height but it would limit the travel of the shock hence no rubbing..

Nice set-up,

just outta curiousity - what disc/rotors did you use ? got the brand and part number ? cause i need the dimensions on them ;) thinking of doing the same

Also did you have to lose/take off the brake dust cover (the black round thing that sits behond the disc/rotor) for both front and back ? ?
    Last edited by Gt_Galant; 04-15-2011 at 01:13 AM

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I had this problem when I put my brembos in...i had to cut the bolts bc it was hitting the rotors but than again I am using EBC Rotors and they are alot bigger than stock.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

nice nice
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone View Post
    nice nice
    Thanks Bro im trying to fix her up.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    The rear bolts that came with my Brembos were to long too. I used washers to keep the bolts from hitting the rear rotor. My brakes came off an 04, and I have a rear disc swap from a 2g.

The swap looks nice by the way. I know you are enjoying the better braking performance ever in everyday driving.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast