The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how compatable is the eclipse harness?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

how compatable is the eclipse harness?

rather then trying to wire in the speedo and all of the other stuff im wondering how closely match an eclipse m/t harness would be to ours. Then i could actually plug in the clutch depressed sensor wires properly hook pretty much everything up seeing as how the eclipse will have it all ready. or are there too many differences?
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

It should be as close as the G. The only thing it has less wire because the auto trani on the g have a lot of wires for the auto Trani. But it should be plug and play * I think* Also you would have the knock sensor wire i believe.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

thats what i figured would be very convienient considering im already evo ecu swapped too i think ill be a test case for this one and try it out.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

Experienced TGC Member
    The M/T Harness is different, some pins match up but very few actually do. You wouldn't be able to just plug it in and go unless you swap out the entire harness and ECU for the M/T ECU & Harness.

Also, the Eclipse ECU (4cyl) does not have a knock sensor, same as with the Galant ECU. Now, the V6 ECU (both Eclipse & Galant), have the knock sensor circuit on the harness and the ECU.

If you are already swapped to an Evo ECU I assume you have a boomslang harness, or an Evo Harness installed (which either way should void any wiring issues if wired/installed correctly).

The Evo ECU actually has different connectors than the Eclipse/Galant, so you wouldn't be able to use either of those platform's harnesses on an Evo ECU

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

i have the evo ecu and its wired right in without boomslang harness im looking to get the eclipse harness for a few things biggest being it'll fix the speedo properly (i hope) and a few other things another thing i was debating an evo 8 harness but i get the feeling that might be a little too different but as far as modifiying the harness to fit and work i have no problem with that my harness right now isn't anything like the stock one in any way shape or form.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reiketsutsukigami View Post
    i have the evo ecu and its wired right in without boomslang harness im looking to get the eclipse harness for a few things biggest being it'll fix the speedo properly (i hope) and a few other things another thing i was debating an evo 8 harness but i get the feeling that might be a little too different but as far as modifiying the harness to fit and work i have no problem with that my harness right now isn't anything like the stock one in any way shape or form.
    Ok...I assume when you say the Evo ECU is "wired right in" you re-wired your stock harness for the Evo ECU connectors. Just so everybody knows, the Evo ECU uses a 2 row connector and the Galant and Eclipse all use a 3 row connector.

Not sure why you are having speedo issues, but I would go through your harness more before spending money on another harness which I am pretty sure won't resolve your issue (ie as mentioned before pins and wiring is different on the ECUs and harnesses).

www.blackheartmotors.net

why don't you just get a 99 to 01 harness like I did. I'm in the process of repining it with the evo ecu connectors, that way its from a galant, you know where everything goes, and you have the speedo connector. The only thing that I can tell that doesn't fit right, is the L fuse box on the 99-01. 02-03 have diff fuse box, but I have pulled out the pins from that box, and just going to cut and solder the correct connectors and fuses into the 99 harness. if you don't know the 99 harness uses different fuses that the 02-03, the spade connector is bigger in the 99-01

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    The M/T Harness is different, some pins match up but very few actually do. You wouldn't be able to just plug it in and go unless you swap out the entire harness and ECU for the M/T ECU & Harness.

Also, the Eclipse ECU (4cyl) does not have a knock sensor, same as with the Galant ECU. Now, the V6 ECU (both Eclipse & Galant), have the knock sensor circuit on the harness and the ECU.

If you are already swapped to an Evo ECU I assume you have a boomslang harness, or an Evo Harness installed (which either way should void any wiring issues if wired/installed correctly).

The Evo ECU actually has different connectors than the Eclipse/Galant, so you wouldn't be able to use either of those platform's harnesses on an Evo ECU
    My last engine came from a eclipse and it had a knock sensor attach to it. I was reading that some eclipse 4g64 came with the manual ECU.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    My last engine came from a eclipse and it had a knock sensor attach to it. I was reading that some eclipse 4g64 came with the manual ECU.
    Nvm, looked through the circuit diagrams again and I do see the 4cyl Eclipse ECU has the knock sensor. It is shown in the MFI system circuit diagrams and not the Ignition (retarded).

www.blackheartmotors.net

the 3g eclipse harness will plug directly into the evo ecu. ITs the same connectors minus a few pins that may need to be changed from what i remember. Again the 3g manual tranny harness has the same exact connectors and will fit an evo ecu. The stratus with a manual 4g64 will also fit as i took the connectors off of it. IF you get the mt 3g harness it will work and some of them came witha knock sensor not all of them so you would have to make sure the donor has a knock sensor with a harness to the ecu.
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    the 3g eclipse harness will plug directly into the evo ecu. ITs the same connectors minus a few pins that may need to be changed from what i remember. Again the 3g manual tranny harness has the same exact connectors and will fit an evo ecu.
    Man I am totally off the game lately it seems LOL. Thanks for clarifying

www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    the 3g eclipse harness will plug directly into the evo ecu. ITs the same connectors minus a few pins that may need to be changed from what i remember. Again the 3g manual tranny harness has the same exact connectors and will fit an evo ecu. The stratus with a manual 4g64 will also fit as i took the connectors off of it. IF you get the mt 3g harness it will work and some of them came witha knock sensor not all of them so you would have to make sure the donor has a knock sensor with a harness to the ecu.
    looks like i should search for an eclipse harness. I have the evo ecu and the Boomslang harness, but it was wired for A/T :/

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Ha its ok spd_frk it happens to us all.. if you already have the harness just stay with it i would say no need to change harnesses. No AT wires will be used so it wont make a difference its essentially the same wires either way.
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted